D

Dani fel

Audiophyte
Hi, I’ll appreciate your advice.
Do you know what is the true difference between the Cambridge audio cxn v1 and the cxn v2?? Meaning does the v2 stream in a better sound quality?
And does those cxns support tidal hifi quality level? Do you have other suggestions to high quality streamers ( system of focal aria 936 floor speakers and music fidelity m6 amp)
Thank you very much!!!

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
I don’t see MQA on either of the Cambridge streamers. MQA is the highest fidelity source content on tidal. To decode those files the Nad c658 would be a better choice. It also has the ess Sabre DAC which is said to be a better dac then the Wolfson WM8740 in the v2 and the AD1955 in the azur.

tmurnin

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
Looks like they upgraded the processor and added some built-in connectivity for Chromecast and Apple.

I'm not really a believer in these pricey stand-alone streamers. The 658 is a little different because it can essentially serve as a preamp as well as a streamer if you need that (you also get Dirac room correction with it, which is a nice plus). Otherwise, I'm not convinced there is any audible difference between what you might hear from Tidal HiFi on the Cambridge vs the same signal on an AppleTV or Fire stick.

As for MQA, there is some debate as to whether it is actually higher fidelity than Tidal HiFi. I would not consider MQA support a must have on any streamer.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis