audio setup for a bar

S

singhal2

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#0000FF'>hi all, i have been asked by a friend to set up the audio equipment for a jazz bar that he plans to start, now the problem is that if it had been a home theatre i wud have been able to do it but a bar ........ i have no idea about the kind of eqpt that is needed, well the cost is not much of a constraint, but for starters i wud need to know what all is needed right from the speakers( specifications/ brands), cables, amplifiers, and mainly the basic set up of a bar which will have a band playing .....any help is appreciated

singhal2</font>

<font color='#000080'>Amplification is more important than fidelity in a bar setting. Hire a professional installer to at least consult. If the bar is important to him he'll want to be sure someone is setting up audio that has done it before (no offense).</font>

S

singhal2

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#0000FF'>thanx hawke, no offense taken....i have set up HT's for friends but setting up the acoustics for a jazz bar that seems to be a totally diff ball game,so i realized after i visited a few pubs and bars in the neighbourhood....well,i guess i cud team up with a proffesional to kinda learn what goes in and maybe do this kinda stuff later on if i get a chance !!!!

singhal2</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis