FierceTIMbo17

FierceTIMbo17

Audioholic
i have noticed on my denon dvd player when watching dvds in dts the audio and video are out of sync. I have not noticed this on and DD titles it seems to only be some DTs movies and concert videos. is there a setting somewhere to help fix it? i tried looking but couldnt find ne thing. By the way the dvd from hdmi to tv and optical from dvd to receiver

M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
FierceTIMbo17 said:
i have noticed on my denon dvd player when watching dvds in dts the audio and video are out of sync. I have not noticed this on and DD titles it seems to only be some DTs movies and concert videos. is there a setting somewhere to help fix it? i tried looking but couldnt find ne thing. By the way the dvd from hdmi to tv and optical from dvd to receiver
Do you have the same experience using Component for Video?

J

Jedi2016

Full Audioholic
As I understand it, audio sync problems are caused by two things working in conjunction... the disc itself isn't encoded properly, and the player is unable to compensate for it.

I get the same thing on my Sony player. But only on certain movies. Most of them play fine, but there's a few of them with sync problems. Those I watch with DD.

The only possible fix would be in the form of a firmware update for the player that's designed to fix the problem. If that doesn't exist, you're out of luck.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
FierceTIMbo17 said:

Some players have an adjustable sync compensation someplace in the menu. But just for a few disc, that would be a hassle to adjust every time. Maybe you can make exceptions and use DD? :D

FierceTIMbo17

FierceTIMbo17

Audioholic
mfabien said:
Do you have the same experience using Component for Video?
i dont know havent tried but then i loose the upconverting of the player, i might just settle for DD

M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
If your Denon player is returnable, I would do that. If Upconversion to 720p or 1080i is what you want, in addition to DTS sound, I would change the player to, perhaps an Oppo or,

if you have a few dollars,

an HD-A1 HD DVD which not only does a wonderful job of Upconverting but, for HD DVD playback, gives you greater sound (even with DD Plus which your a/v will decode as DTS in a 1.5 Mbps bitrate).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis