Audio Newbie. Please Help.

C

Cameron3395

Audiophyte
I bought a HTIB today and want to hook up my DVD, Xbox360, and Dish HD receiver. The receiver only has 2 digital optical inputs and 1 digital coax input. I can't use the digital coax cause none of my components have that. They only have the opticals. Also, I got my DVD hooked up component, Xbox360 component, and satellite receiver is hdmi. I can get them all to work with the optical but I only have 2. I tried using the dvd to receiver with component and then from receiver to tv component but no sound. I'm really getting irritated and the manuel should be used for fire starter! Onkyo doesn't have a tech support available after 5pm eastern which most people can't get ahold of them at those times.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Cameron3395 said:
I bought a HTIB today and want to hook up my DVD, Xbox360, and Dish HD receiver. The receiver only has 2 digital optical inputs and 1 digital coax input. I can't use the digital coax cause none of my components have that. They only have the opticals. Also, I got my DVD hooked up component, Xbox360 component, and satellite receiver is hdmi. I can get them all to work with the optical but I only have 2. I tried using the dvd to receiver with component and then from receiver to tv component but no sound. I'm really getting irritated and the manuel should be used for fire starter! Onkyo doesn't have a tech support available after 5pm eastern which most people can't get ahold of them at those times.
Component only carries video, not audio. You can use your XBOX to play dvd's. You need to run toslink to the receiver from the XBOX for sound. You only need component cables from the receiver to the tv since your sound will now come from your HTIB.

Please list the names/model numbers of your equipment.

Last edited:
C

Cameron3395

Audiophyte
Thank you for your reply. I have a Samsung HLS-5686 HDTV. Onkyo HT-S590, Dish Network 622 HD-DVR receiver, Xbox 360, and a Sanyo DWM-380 dvd player. Would like a new DVD but considering I just bought the TV and HTIB the wife won't let me.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis