J

jeepflyer

Audiophyte
Hoping someone can give me some insight or advice. I have a Marantz SR6015 paired up to an XBOX series S. Video and audio are sent to it using a high speed HDMI and passed through to an EPSON 5050 projector over a 35-40ft long fiber Optic HDMI. The problem I am having is that the sound is lagging the Video and I have adjusted the audio delay settings all the way to zero and the audio is still lagging behind the video. It is worst in games but also very noticeable while streaming from the usual streaming apps. I also have DirecTV receiver feeding through the Marantz and it has the same issue, audio behind the video. The audio delay seeming is designed for when the Video lags the Audio but I am having the opposite problem. Any ideas on what could be causing this problem and how to fix?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You're already using hdmi auto lip sync I take it?

ps Do you also get lag if you connect to a tv instead of your projector?

J

jeepflyer

Audiophyte
You're already using hdmi auto lip sync I take it?

ps Do you also get lag if you connect to a tv instead of your projector?
Yes, I have auto lip sync on the marantz turned on.

Haven't tried it with a different tv, I could try that but I wouldn't be able to use the same fiber optic HDMI that is going to the projector as it's behind the dry wall in the ceiling and not long enough to reach down to a tv...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, I have auto lip sync on the marantz turned on.

Haven't tried it with a different tv, I could try that but I wouldn't be able to use the same fiber optic HDMI that is going to the projector as it's behind the dry wall in the ceiling and not long enough to reach down to a tv...
My point is more to see if the projector is the culprit particularly or the avr....I'd just use a tv with a relatively short/normal hdmi cable separately just to test the difference between your current cable/projector....then again perhaps just basic soft resets of each piece of the chain, unplugging the hdmi cables and reconnecting, etc might be things to try and see if anything makes a particular difference.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis