R

Robert1963

Audiophyte
I have a 65" Samsung 65" NU8000 TV and an RX-A6A Yamaha receiver. I just got the receiver 3 weeks ago and love the sound and the features but I'm having an issue when streaming material through my TV.
When I stream in Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital + I get a 15 second audio delay in the program. This happens when starting the program or pausing. If I go into the TV settings and select PCM everything works fine with no delay.
I have swapped out 2 different HDMI high speed cables and tried a regular HDMI cable, unplugged the TV and receiver and let is sit for awhile and have also reset the receiver. Nothing seems to help. The TV is set to ARC and I think all the settings in the receiver are correct.
Anyone else had this issue and does anyone have a thought on this.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
I haven't had that issue with the A6A. Mine is paired with a Sony A8H and it has been seamless.
So it's probably the TV not the receiver that has the issue. From what I understand, the 8000 does not support Dolby Atmos. The below thread may shed more light even though its in the EU

R

Robert1963

Audiophyte
Thanks for your reply. When I run my ultra HD player or my PS4 Pro through the receiver I have no issues. I've heard of people having Samsung issues. I have a small Samsung 40" TV that I hooked up last night and had the same issue. May it's time to change TV brands. I was considering returning the receiver but not sure now.

R

Robert1963

Audiophyte
It was the TV. I bought a fire cube and hooked straight to the RX-A6A. Everything works perfect through the receiver. Problem solved.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis