Audio from cable to receiver

~JC~

~JC~

Audioholic
I am trying to connect the satellite cable directly to my receiver. My receiver does not have a tuner built in, and the cable is broadcasting on channel 73. The receiver is not close to the satellite box, so a direct audio connection is not possible, but the audio is on the cable, if I could figure out how to get the sound out of the cable, on channel 73, and into RCA connectors. I have been using an old VCR to do this, but it broke, and they are expensive, if they have a tuner. Is there another way to do this?

M

m_vanmeter

Full Audioholic
I'm sorry, but your question is very confusing ???

You have satellite service (dish or directTV) and you want to get the audio only, from the satellite receiver set-top box, to your audio/visual receiver ? But there is a long distance between the satellite box and the a/v receiver ? Is this what you are asking ?

How long is the distance between the two units ?

~JC~

~JC~

Audioholic
Sorry for the confusion. I have dish with 2 recievers. I have cables that run from the dish throughout the house, after they leave the sat receiver. They, of course all play the same channel. One receiver is in the garage, one is upstairs. On the main floor, I have a stereo receiver, which is close to a cable outlet. If I set the sat receiver to play Sirius, that is what is coming out of the cable, on channel 73, which is how Dish is set up. The problem is, my receiver does not have a tuner, to select channel 73. Up to this point, I have used an old VCR, to which I fed the cable, and then ran the audio out from the VCR to the receiver. The VCR is no longer working, and a new VCR with a receiver is at least 200$. Plus, a VCR is not necessary, I only need the audio output to feed the receiver. (This receiver feeds in wall speakers throughout the house). I was trying to find some form of simple tuner, to input the cable, select channel 73, and output to the receiver. Thanks for you interest.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Sorry for the confusion. I have dish with 2 recievers. I have cables that run from the dish throughout the house, after they leave the sat receiver. They, of course all play the same channel. One receiver is in the garage, one is upstairs. On the main floor, I have a stereo receiver, which is close to a cable outlet. If I set the sat receiver to play Sirius, that is what is coming out of the cable, on channel 73, which is how Dish is set up. The problem is, my receiver does not have a tuner, to select channel 73. Up to this point, I have used an old VCR, to which I fed the cable, and then ran the audio out from the VCR to the receiver. The VCR is no longer working, and a new VCR with a receiver is at least 200$. Plus, a VCR is not necessary, I only need the audio output to feed the receiver. (This receiver feeds in wall speakers throughout the house). I was trying to find some form of simple tuner, to input the cable, select channel 73, and output to the receiver. Thanks for you interest.
Unless you have a TV in the garage and and absolutely have to use the receiver there, why not move that sat receiver to a more central place?

Google VCR- I saw DVD/VHS combo units for $77.

~JC~

~JC~

Audioholic
If I move the sat receiver, I won't be able to feed all of the cables throughout the house. I've never seen a vcr WITH TUNER, for that low, but I will check.

~JC~

~JC~

Audioholic
That's it!! Thanks Bandphan. It's hard to search for something, when you don't know what itis called! :D

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
If I move the sat receiver, I won't be able to feed all of the cables throughout the house. I've never seen a vcr WITH TUNER, for that low, but I will check.
I don't remember seeing a VCR without a tuner that low and I sell this stuff. Otherwise, go to a rummage/estate sale.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
This is the most sensible response I've found here.

...go to a rummage/estate sale.
IT doesn't even have to work mechanically. As long as the tuner functions you'll be fine.

...should cost less than a pair of filet-o-fish sandwiches...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis