Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I have Kimber Kable 8TC (the ones Gene has) for my mains and center, only becuase the look nice, yes expensive with no audiable benefit. I also have the Monoprice Monolith XLR cables (much more reasonable) for my 3ft interconnects. That being said the rest is Blue Jeans Cables, becuase they are hidden, I like the sonic welding and their interlocking bananna plugs when you buy them pre terminated.

I don't have the patience to make my own cables look pretty, but I wish I did, woud save $$$ lol. Pretty cables are expensive! ;)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
:D
I need to finish paying off my “Audiophile “ quality cables before I can afford to purchase my “Audiophile” quality speakers. Just 36 more low interest payments left.:D
See, what you should have done was get regular ol' cheap Chinese cables then cover 'em with this if you want chocolatey mids.

a23e4b4c-05ad-45b9-9441-c0cbe0c206c0_copy_750x750.png

And the beauty of going this route is its just as effective as blowing all of your money on expensive cables for a fraction of the cost, but if you find out you don't like chocolatey mids you have other options without having to replace the cables themselves!

hersheys-strawberry-syrup-22-oz-bottle_copy_750x750.jpg
hersheys-caramel-syrup-22-oz-bottle_copy_750x750.jpg

Personally I like caramel cables. Strawberry made my system sound too bright and chocolate seemed to attract more ants, and as everyone knows ants will mess with the polarity and make electrons flow backwards. The difference is night and day. My wife's second cousin twice removed even heard the difference from another state over the phone...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have Kimber Kable 8TC (the ones Gene has) for my mains and center, only becuase the look nice, yes expensive with no audiable benefit. I also have the Monoprice Monolith XLR cables (much more reasonable) for my 3ft interconnects. That being said the rest is Blue Jeans Cables, becuase they are hidden, I like the sonic welding and their interlocking bananna plugs when you buy them pre terminated.

I don't have the patience to make my own cables look pretty, but I wish I did, woud save $$$ lol. Pretty cables are expensive! ;)
Hey, there's nothing wrong with a li'l bling. I can totally appreciate the cool factor. If I were to stumble across or was gifted some cool looking fancy cables I'd swap 'em in, in a heartbeat. Like you clearly said tho, I wouldn't expect anything to sound any different. They'd be cool to have and look nice. I'd prolly dust behind my speakers more often tho... :p

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You guys know what would be an interesting experiment? And I'm serious. How about a sighted comparison using the exact same cables, only different colors! Tell the participants they're different manufacturers and say nothing about the colors. I'll bet you folks would converge on similar results. Like, the yellow cables would sound "brighter", the orange ones "warmer", brown ones more "chocolatey", etc..

I really do think that'd be an interesting experiment, and likely another demonstration of cognitive bias and placebo.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Anything purchased from an authorized high end dealer.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Such as..?

See now, your idea of "high end" could be wildly different from someone else's. You're gonna have to be a li'l more specific.

What'd you think about the videos and articles? Any comments? Questions?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

Then we will agree to disagree. :)

Which of the following is an Audiophile Speaker?
Speaker A:
1625260257677.png

Speaker B:
1625260098996.png

Likewise, if a former Director of Research for McIntosh Labs doesn't think expensive cables matter, and he's in the business of designing and selling High End "Audiophile Quality" Gear, how do you reconcile his position with yours?

Mind, I'm not here to flame you. Others will.

I do wish, however, to understand your comment and hope we can engage accordingly. :)

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
And you reached this conclusion how..?
Because none of us own speakers that have enough "resolution" to show the difference between audio envy cables and 10 or 12 AWG copper cables.

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Part of the reason I like my current Audio Dealer, he doesn't BS..well not much ;)
  • They carry AQ and a few other higher cables, mainly because some of their clients want it, and they buy much higher end, more expensive gear than me.
  • He told me a story when some higher end clientel decided they had to have the top of the line cables, and he did a blind test with the cables. He pretended to switch the audio cables and did that about 20-30 times, while they listened The customers thought they picked out the more expensive cables in the listening test, only to be informed he never switched the cables.
  • Told an interesting story of him meeting "He who must not be named" (TD), to demo his high end cables, but I will not open that can of worms.
Part of the reason I buy from him, is that he did NOT try to upsell me on cables, even when I asked for his suggestion.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Then we will agree to disagree. :)

Which of the following is an Audiophile Speaker?
Speaker A:
View attachment 48851

Speaker B:
View attachment 48850

Likewise, if a former Director of Research for McIntosh Labs doesn't think expensive cables matter, and he's in the business of designing and selling High End "Audiophile Quality" Gear, how do you reconcile his position with yours?

Mind, I'm not here to flame you. Others will.

I do wish, however, to understand your comment and hope we can engage accordingly. :)
It would be very helpful if you listed the MSRP so we may make the right choice.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
It would be very helpful if you listed the MSRP so we may make the right choice.
But friend Trell... Cost has nothing to do with it! It's about what a High End Authorized Dealer would sell! ;)

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic

So I can finally get my high end speakers si the local high end dealer can also make me a great deal on the top model from Pyle. ;)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

Sweet! I can play because I got my speakers at a Best Buy Magnolia store. Actually, 3 systems in my house are from there so I've got a lot of "high-end" gear....

Weird how of the best pairs of speakers I own were built, not purchased. Guess where you get speakers doesn't actually matter.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well I'm gutted. I bought most of mine factory direct so I guess my whole system is lo-fi non-audiophile grade... :(

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
@audiobuff74, where did you buy your speakers and what are they? I need to get some real gear so I can qualify for an audiophile with special enough speakers that I can start hearing differences in cables...

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Well I'm gutted. I bought most of mine factory direct so I guess my whole system is lo-fi non-audiophile grade... :(
Told you ya had some work still to do on that rig!

:p

:D :D :D

Oh... but wait. I'm in the same boat.
:(

Guess Pantera got us beat.
:confused:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Because none of us own speakers that have enough "resolution" to show the difference between audio envy cables and 10 or 12 AWG copper cables.
Speakers resolution? How about actual hearing resolution capability? ;) :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis