A

audiobuff74

Audiophyte
Anyone using audio envy cables? I am using their sp9 speaker cables with amazing results. Much cheaper than AQ wires.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You could get 100 feet of speaker wire that will do the exact same thing as 2 feet of those SP9 cables.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=2817&gclid=Cj0KCQiAhP2BBhDdARIsAJEzXlGJMmTNABvNJgcefuKPJ0LvCIFbO9zMxsHX3gsqPy8WKd3CEUOD2DMaAmM_EALw_wcB

Or if you really want them to be prettied up and have connectors already:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071L37VMR/

Those actually do look kinda cool, and the price isn't TOO ridiculous. It's almost like... you're getting what you pay for!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Where to start, where to start.....

"AE’s hand dipped 24k gold over copper"- chocolate is hand-dipped, so maybe this is how they make sure the midrange becomes 'chocolatey'.

"Both arrows facing speaker; produces natural frequency extension. (How we test)

Both arrows away speaker; produces deeper timber. (Increase warmth)"

OK, that means they have something in the cable that causes this and that's really BS. "Frequency extension"? Really?

"
TECHNICAL INNOVATIONS

1. Proprietary Conductors, with equal distance and spacing, each transferring the signal with maximum RCL efficiency.
  2. Highly pure OCC copper removes grain boundaries that cause signal distortion.
  3. Low-D Fiber insulation, measuring at a 1.3 dielectric; decreasing electromagnetic interference while increasing the speed of transfer, VOP.
  4. Outer jacket allows the cable to be lighter and more flexible then extruded PVC. It looks great and serves a higher electrical purpose.
  5. Optimized signal flow is the cleanest path for electron resistance.
  6. Pure copper connectors are the same conductivity as source wire. Other metal combinations have displayed signal error.
“Rewiring your speakers will make you think twice about replacing them.”

Wow. Just wow.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Why not just roll your own. Canare 4S11 wire is as good as anything they will sell you. Termination parts from Parts Express and you have a great looking set of wires.
terminations.jpg

wire.jpg

biwire.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You mean they actually connect your amp to your speakers? Wow, that is amazing. Do they have as much magic fairy dust as Fraudioquest cables, tho? That's the big question....

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
With the subject line, I thought y'all were talking about those Wilson Benesch speakers again...
1614799309781.png

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You mean they actually connect your amp to your speakers? Wow, that is amazing. Do they have as much magic fairy dust as Fraudioquest cables, tho? That's the big question....
Fraudioquest... Ha ha!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Another ridiculous Cable Thread!

AH Drinking Game: Take a drink, everybody! :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL just checked out OPs other post....not only saying cables are an audio upgrade but to bi-wire as well! I need a drink now....

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Too bad he didn't combine the posts into one... I think for that it would be Take Two Shots!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Anyone using audio envy cables? I am using their sp9 speaker cables with amazing results. Much cheaper than AQ wires.

No. No, I've never used those cables.

Are your mids more chocolatey now or does the SP9 cable add more of an umami quality? Are they luscious and rich too? It's about lunch time and I'm thinking about getting a cable burrito. Not in the mood for chocolate tho, and don't want anything heavy to digest.

A

audiobuff74

Audiophyte
I'm almost afraid to comment on this with all the negative comments. I was just stating my experience. I can use cheap monoprice cables and get sound if that's all I wanted. The SP9 made my Soundstage and depth come alive and I spent way less money on it than if I had bought kimber or audioquest. You can call their products snake oil or whatever but they do offer a return policy. I don't work for them I am just a customer sharing my experience. For the poster who wants to slam me about bi wiring don't knock it till you tried it with a good speaker. And I don't mean Polk or kef garbage. A real audiophile speaker will shine when bi wired. I said my peace. .

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Troll or just deluded?

ps Deluded in the sense of how it really works, not discounting you're "hearing" it in the psychoacoustic sense, probably largely due to expectation bias based on all the bullshit you can read about cables for "audiophiles"

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
@audiobuff74
Following is a link to a very excellent article written by Roger Russell, former Director of Acoustic Research at McIntosh Labs. I hope you will take the time to read it, please.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis