Audio Connectivity - DVD player w. Receiver

B

blackfish

Audiophyte
Hallo, I want to connect DVD player SONY DVP-NS36/B with digital audio output to little older receiver SONY STR-GX 211.

Can anybody tell me if this is possible anyway? Maybe some convertors etc.? I don't have manual for receiver so I'm not

even sure whether or not it's capable to adopt digital audio signal...

Thanks in advance

BF

FierceTIMbo17

FierceTIMbo17

Audioholic
We need some more info what inputs does ur reciever have? if it does not have a digital connection you are out of luck you cannot get true surround sound without a digital connection it might have a matrix program like plII or somehting like that that simulates surround.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Timbo, it is an older stereo receiver and only has stereo analog inputs. It has no processing of any kind, so a digital connection is not needed.

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
Just use what your reciever has.

If you have quality analog cables, the difference in sound will be minimal at worst.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
blackfish said:
Hallo, I want to connect DVD player SONY DVP-NS36/B with digital audio output to little older receiver SONY STR-GX 211.

Can anybody tell me if this is possible anyway? Maybe some convertors etc.? I don't have manual for receiver so I'm not

even sure whether or not it's capable to adopt digital audio signal...

Thanks in advance

BF
You need a compatible 5.1 DD receiver. You cant squeeze blood from a turnip, nor can you squeeze 5.1 surround from a "Pro Logic" receiver.

J

JaceTheAce

Audioholic
Buckeye_Nut said:
You need a compatible 5.1 DD receiver. You cant squeeze blood from a turnip, nor can you squeeze 5.1 surround from a "Pro Logic" receiver.
He may also want to check to see if it has discrete 5.1 audio inputs - so that he can use a DVD player that has discrete 5.1 audio outputs.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
According to what I found on the web, this receiver is a STEREO RECEIVER, meaning it only has outputs for 2 channels, so not even pro logic.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis