Attack of the Clone Amplifiers

I

I-HATE-SPECS

Banned
I did not realize that people like you are still around? Nice system you got there too.... OMG.

I

I-HATE-SPECS

Banned
Wait, you are sending your signal through an EQ!!!! Holy cow! And Yamaha? Nevermind the powercords, you need some different gear first man.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
How about you show some evidence of them making a difference?

Matt34

Matt34

You guys are really serious?

You either all:

A) Have terrible audio system
B) Are all engineers that love to wack it to specs and graphs
C) Are unwilling to acknowledge that it is even possible (engineers)
D) Have never actually tried a different power cord on your "hi-fi"
E) All of the above

Wow... I guess if a person lives long enough, they will see and hear everything at least once.
I swear I banned you before but it looks like I just deleted your post. Bye bye Mr. Troll.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
You guys are really serious?
Not really, really serious. I'm rather relaxed as of now, if you're so interested.

A) Have terrible audio system
Astute. Everyone with a terrible audio system by Audiophile standards of lo-fi say AIIIYY.

B) Are all engineers that love to wack it to specs and graphs
Superb. After all, the people with the best audio systems had theirs designed by audiophiles who design speakers with their golden ears, not with specifications-in-mind, physics, measurements, double blind tests.

C) Are unwilling to acknowledge that it is even possible (engineers)
Wonderful. The ability to quickly understand that voodoo is left to shamans and electrical understanding left to those who understand electricity.

D) Have never actually tried a different power cord on your "hi-fi"
You're on a roll here! Nope, and I've never tried to go to a John Edwards show either!

E) All of the above
Excellent. I ought to award you something. EDIT: although it appears Matt already has.

Last edited:
K

kaiser_soze

Audioholic Intern
That powerpoint presentation from HiFicritic is absolute garbage.

"For an informative read about the potential limitations of Class D amplifiers, I suggest checking out: [link to slide presentation from HiFicritic]."

In what alternate reality does that pile of garbage qualify as "informative reading". It is utter nonsense. What it amounts to is some misguided person trying to think up as many potential issues as he can, for PWM amplifiers, and asserting that they are all inherently unsolvable, when the obvious truth is the complete opposite. I disdain this kind of misinformation.

D

DaMaster

Audiophyte
Amazing Article

Just awesome to let the public know how it really goes down.
Same for car amplifiers, Thats how I saw this article. Turns out that cheapy class D amplifiers perform the same as expensive Hertz amps bc they use the same board.

AWESOME , KEEP IT UP>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis