ATSC 3.0: Cord Cutter’s Dream or Tiered Internet Nightmare?

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Has anyone made the jump to ATSC 3.0 yet? The local channels are broadcasting it, but my TVs do not support it, the Zapperbox does not appear to be available yet, and the SiliconDust product is $199.99 on Amazon and looks like it might be a pain to set up and use.

I cancelled DirecTV because we didn't use it enough to justify the ever-increasing monthly bills. Cable is rather ridiculous for what you get around here as well. I use a Roku to stream, but not all of the local news channels are available on Roku (local news is the only thing I really "need" broadcast TV for).

Although I grew up with broadcast TV, I'm a noob when it comes to the latest broadcast TV. As of right now I'm not even sure what antenna I need. According to various websites I should be able to get plenty of broadcast channels, but I tried a cheap indoor antenna from Amazon and I couldn't get a single channel (at least not anything worth a cr*p).

Back to the future, I guess?

A

allargon

Audioholic General
Check out TVFool.com or AntennaWeb.org

We have ATSC 3.0 in my area, but I don't have a capable tuner. Several people on AVS have reported that the PQ is actually WORSE for the stations that are broadcasting ATSC 3.0 vs their 1.0 signal.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis