Atmos using wireless speakers?

D

Dmurr33

Audiophyte
Hi.

I have a 5.1 system of Definitive Technology 8060s and am trying to upgrade to 5.1.2. The problem is that I have a cathedral ceiling and can't run speaker wire to the joists/beams above me (at least not without cutting holes all over the place). The joist has a light on it, so I do have electrical power that I could use to power wireless speakers.

Has anyone tried to set up overhead surround speakers wirelessly like this? I'm not really sure what it would take to do so, DefTech doesn't offer wireless surround speakers, and wireless surrounds I do see seem to match with a soundbar. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Dave

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I would think that you need to look into WiSa speakers and the proper transmitters associated with them. It isn't really a clean path to do what you need to do, and odds are really good that unless you plan to get rid of your ceiling lights, you don't really have power up in the ceiling. You have a switched circuit up there which is NOT on all the time, and it won't do you any good unless you turn the lights on and leave them on forever.

But, WiSa wireless is the way to go. Plan to spend a good amount to get there.

D

Dmurr33

Audiophyte
I would think that you need to look into WiSa speakers and the proper transmitters associated with them. It isn't really a clean path to do what you need to do, and odds are really good that unless you plan to get rid of your ceiling lights, you don't really have power up in the ceiling. You have a switched circuit up there which is NOT on all the time, and it won't do you any good unless you turn the lights on and leave them on forever.

But, WiSa wireless is the way to go. Plan to spend a good amount to get there.
Thanks very much for the reply. I assumed there wasn't a good solution here, which you seem to confirm. Bummer, but I really appreciate the response!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis