Love4sound

Love4sound

Enthusiast
Hi all

I am using 5.1.2 top middle amp assigned. What will be the best crossovers for svs elevation speakers ?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Hi all

I am using 5.1.2 top middle amp assigned. What will be the best crossovers for svs elevation speakers ?
I recommend an octave above thevspeakers rated low... (double that number for 1 octave). For example, if 45Hz, set XO to 90... experiment listening at a setting above and below... see what sounds cleaner. Maybe you hear a diff, maybe not.
Counterpoint, I think Ed from SVS recommends about 1/2 an octave for setting the XO.

E

Ed Mullen

Manufacturer
Auto-set-up will typically set the Prime Elevation to 80-100 Hz, depending on where the speaker is located relative to nearby boundaries.

This crossover range is fine/optimal and the height channels are typically band-limited in the source material to about 100 Hz anyway.

Love4sound

Love4sound

Enthusiast
Auto-set-up will typically set the Prime Elevation to 80-100 Hz, depending on where the speaker is located relative to nearby boundaries.

This crossover range is fine/optimal and the height channels are typically band-limited in the source material to about 100 Hz anyway.
Thank you Ed. Audyssey sets them at 80 nd sometimes 90. I have kept them at 100 and it is good

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Similarly I will add SVS elevations to ceiling creating a 5.1.2 - do I assign these as heights?
With this do the speaks work with Netflix and Apple Atmos tracks?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis