Atmos Ceiling Speakers

C

Conor Knoxx

Enthusiast
that's a really great bit of info William, thanks! (the dolby document) This is a case where I have a slight advantage being short! heh... I sat in a chair and had my wife measure floor to ear on me.. only 44 inches! So the height from my listening level, to the ceiling (Atmos) is a bit better, because my ears are lower ;) (I know, its more about speaker height... just sayin' ... )
However... even though this thread was meant to be about Atmos speakers, you guys are making me re-think my whole plan! Once you start down that "what if..." road, a lot of things can potentially change.
I said the seating "has to go against the back wall" - but does it? The idea of pulling it forward initially seem weird on such a small room, but on further thought, it would take a lot of pressure off finding wall space for everything, I could then position a 7 channel speaker layout instead of a 5, possibly work in a 4 speaker Atmos, and maybe, just maybe, use a big-screen TV instead of a projector to get the same perceived "screen viewing size"
I'll have to play around with this idea I guess...

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I also had a small room at least smaller distance between couch And TV. I agree it’s forgiving and I went .4 even though my couch is also against the wall. No regrets in going .4 even if it isn’t exactly spec. So up to you how you proceed there. Technically .2 might be more accurate, I like 4 channels driving the atmosphere

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Also I have my side surround mounted to the back wall and swiveled to the listening position ( so coming from the side). As I’m against the wall, no room for rears. Have 2 good subs. So 5.2.4 in similar setup

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis