Atlantic Technology 372BPM THX 15” Craigslist find

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
So a few months ago I picked up a Mirage BPS400 for cheap on CL that I ended up spending less than $250 on new drivers and a factory amp for. I gave that to my father but I really did like the larger driver subs as my main system has two SVS 10’s and two Mirage OM-200’s (dual 8’s), I’ve since bought myself a BPS400 in mint condition from a guy in Boston who had it in the original shipping crate and hadn’t ever even powered it on for $200. A few days ago I was looking for a 12” or 15” sub or considering building one and I came across an Atlantic Technology 372. It’s a 15” driver with a 275-300 watt RMS amp and has gotten good reviews. Anyways I picked it up for $60 ALONG with the entire 5 channel THX speaker series. The speakers aren’t too bad but for $60 the subwoofer is phenomenal. I just ordered a Mini DSP HD but I measured it by itself in my small theater room which is in L shaped basement along the short wall, the subwoofer is at 1/4 room placement with the crossover set to bypass and the gain matched at 75dB to the other 4 subs.
17641D3D-7D9A-419F-A485-86529A167553.jpeg

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Did you notice the camera icon labeled “Capture?” It will let you save the graph as a .jpg.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

W

WayneMc

Audiophyte
So a few months ago I picked up a Mirage BPS400 for cheap on CL that I ended up spending less than $250 on new drivers and a factory amp for. I gave that to my father but I really did like the larger driver subs as my main system has two SVS 10’s and two Mirage OM-200’s (dual 8’s), I’ve since bought myself a BPS400 in mint condition from a guy in Boston who had it in the original shipping crate and hadn’t ever even powered it on for $200. A few days ago I was looking for a 12” or 15” sub or considering building one and I came across an Atlantic Technology 372. It’s a 15” driver with a 275-300 watt RMS amp and has gotten good reviews. Anyways I picked it up for $60 ALONG with the entire 5 channel THX speaker series. The speakers aren’t too bad but for $60 the subwoofer is phenomenal. I just ordered a Mini DSP HD but I measured it by itself in my small theater room which is in L shaped basement along the short wall, the subwoofer is at 1/4 room placement with the crossover set to bypass and the gain matched at 75dB to the other 4 subs. View attachment 43784
So where did you get the amplifier. I have a BPS400 with a broken amp, and i would really like to buy a replacement. Thanks!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So where did you get the amplifier. I have a BPS400 with a broken amp, and i would really like to buy a replacement. Thanks!
You could replace the amp in other ways than the original amp from Mirage....

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
HD is right. Finding a replacement amp is very difficult I just got lucky. In all reality the 1000 watt Dayton Audio rack sub amp is an ideal replacement and it’s what I was going to order if I wasn’t able fix the one I gave to my father. I found a few shops who said they would repair it if needed but they wanted $300, right now I know the 1000 watt plate amp is on sale for $250 not sure if the rack mount one is as well.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis