J

JJMP50

Full Audioholic
OK, we are getting down to the end of the inventory in most BBs on the Athena Audition Series. They should be marking the display models with Open Box labels anytime soon. I found this link for an additional 30% off any open box item so if you lucky and find a pair of F1s as an open box you can pick them up for around $100 for the pair (15% open box, 30% coupon). What a deal!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?j=1&id=pcmcat59100050011&type=category

N

NetGeek

Junior Audioholic
I have already made my Raid!

I now have two of every speaker in the Audition Series, a nice setup for my living room and bedroom with a pair to spare. Used the Energy C-ST stands for the B1 & B2 bookshelf speakers - look & sounds awsome.

algernon

algernon

Audioholic
NetGeek said:
I now have two of every speaker in the Audition Series, a nice setup for my living room and bedroom with a pair to spare. Used the Energy C-ST stands for the B1 & B2 bookshelf speakers - look & sounds awsome.
I aslo made the raid, Got AS-F1 pair, AS-B1 Pair and AS-C1, for around $270 total. Now to decide if I should go back for a second pair of AS-F1's, with 30% coupon should be able to get them for about $110-120/pr. Tempting, but I'm not sure I really need them. But it is such a deal. I am very happy with the AS-F1 performance, makes me wish Best buy carried the AS-F2's.

S

sghoughton

Audiophyte
Man i've gone nuts on them myself (futureshop in canada has had great deals on them lately - except they're all gone almost now).

1 pr F1s
2 pr B1
1 pr B2
2 C1
4 R1
1 P400

And i'd likely buy some F2s if there were any around new in box.

One thing i've noticed is that pretty much all the demos at futureshop at least are basically bumped up big time. I bought the F1s today, luckly i found some new in box, but the floor models all had their grills screwed up and ever one had some kind of rather biggish indentation on the silver. Makes me wonder how these get treated so badly.

Either way though, got all mine new in box so was happy about that. I havent owned real speakers in years (just computer speakers) so its a nice treat to hear the good stuff again.

DIdnt believe though that i could 7.1 2 rooms for such a cheap price and with decent speakers.

Love it

steve

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
Man, I am getting depressed reading this thread! I bought my Athenas several months ago, and had absolutely no idea they were being discontinued. I paid a whopping $600 CDN for my 2 F2s, $200 CDN for my 2 B2s and a ridiculous $460 for my 2 C2s. I feel like a chump!

cheers,
supervij

S

sghoughton

Audiophyte
well, those arent bad prices though either - the f2s on clearance right now are 450 and the b2s are 150 so not far off there. And i think the f2s are very hard to come by new right now - i'd have them if i could.

Its just this recent package that FS has with the 2 c1s, 2r1s and 1 c1 at 300 bux that made me step up and take notice.

Thing is, i had been looking at the bipole surrounds at 175 each for the past couple of months - still compared to other brands, at 175 they werent a terrible price. I was just waiting for a good excuse to buy them - at 350 i could wait. But when i got a couple b1s and a c1 thrown in all for 300, couldnt pass it up (times 2 actually :) )

steve

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
algernon said:
I aslo made the raid, Got AS-F1 pair, AS-B1 Pair and AS-C1, for around $270 total. Now to decide if I should go back for a second pair of AS-F1's, with 30% coupon should be able to get them for about $110-120/pr. Tempting, but I'm not sure I really need them. But it is such a deal. I am very happy with the AS-F1 performance, makes me wish Best buy carried the AS-F2's.

I got lucky I guess... I found a pair of F2's at a best buy about 6 weeks ago. Then again, I had to search all over New England... I checked MA, NH,VT, and CT I think there were about 5 F2's in those 4 states back 6 weeks ago, and I bought 2 of them.

All of them were floor models besides one. I paid approx $160 for each. God I love 'em....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis