Athena Micra 6 vs. HSU Ventriloquist VT-12

E

Ernest Acosta

Audiophyte
Can't make up my mind between these two systems. My room measure 12 X 17 feet. Can anyone share some light on the sound of these systems and which one do you prefer?

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
I have heard both and IMO both are great budget setups for the dollar. The Micra 6 has a sub and a sub must be purchased seperately For the HSU. I feel that the HSU is a superior product however, both in terms of construction and in terms of sound. If you buy the Ventriloquist setup online from HSU you get $100 off the setup when you buy a sub from them at the same time. For $500 you can get the VT-12 and the STF-1. THe STF-1 walks all over the sub with the Micra setup. However the Micra can often be found much cheaper than $500 and is on right now at Amazon for $300. That setup for $300 is great. At $500 the Ventriloquist walks all over it IMO.

B

brendy

Audioholic
I used to have the VT-12 setup. Excellent sound from such small speakers.Them,paired with the STF-1 are better than the Micra.Both are more suited to smaller rooms.Changed over to the Infinity TSS-750.

E

Ernest Acosta

Audiophyte
So Brendy you prefer the Infinitys over the Athena and the Ventriloquist? If yes, why?

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Bookshelf speakers

Those are some good satellite choices.
For $500, you could also put together a bookshelf system with Athena or Bic speakers. A 5.1 system with the Onix X-LS speakers, center, and sub would up your budget to $700.

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
jcPanny said:
Those are some good satellite choices.
For $500, you could also put together a bookshelf system with Athena or Bic speakers. A 5.1 system with the Onix X-LS speakers, center, and sub would up your budget to $700.
I vote for jcPanny's plan "B" or plan "A" if the money is tight.

Nick

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
For the sub alone (STF-1 or STF-2), I would go with the VT-12. HOWEVER, you can pick up the Micra 6 at Best Buy for less than $300 if you keep your eyes open. I've seen it as low as $239 on sale (currently $299), and with the money you save, you can pick up a better sub like the Onyx X-sub.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis