as if COVID wasn't bad enough ............

Status
Not open for further replies.
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Sorry, does strenuously cover it better?

Does your frequent admonishment of others posters for their supposed "absolute" posts just apply to them, as usual? Milwaukee is not the center of the world, nor USA, just saying.
You're right, it's not the center of the world or the US and that's a good thing considering the way it's circling the drain but it's a place I know, unlike you posting about this country. I wouldn't think of telling you about your country because I'm not very familiar with it.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
these dudes are obviously pretty far right as much as they bag on the left but they're funny as sh@$ and they do bring up some juicy material for discussions and points to be made

I'll be curious to hear your guys thoughts
The Hodge Twins are awesome! Very funny and regularly point out stupidity. I haven’t seen The Officer Tatum - thanks for that!

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

If you stopped the war on drugs (de-criminalize but not legal). If you stopped Civil Asset Forfeiture, If you stopped 'Stop and Frisk'. You would actually free up police and make better use of their current resources.

Think about the states where cops don't have to hassle themselves with weed smokers. It was never a big problem in the first place outside of impaired driving.

They are asked to do many things. Including policing for profit which simply creates rot. I would like some of the responsibilities that they have taken off their plate and steer the money saved to some other programs.

It won't solve everything but I don't see how it can't hurt.
You want us to stop arresting drug dealers? You want us to stop arresting druggies who carry and deal drugs close to schools? Not a problem except for impaired driving? What about not showing up on time/at all for work, not being able to concentrate well enough to do their job well, or safely? What about the loss of ambition in many who spend their time wasted? Jobs lost, can't get a better job, respiratory issues like chronic bronchitis? Then, there's that vacant look in their eyes when someone is trying to talk to them and can't find a sign of life. I'm familiar with it- some just can't function well when they're high and kids definitely shouldn't use it because the studies show that it impairs cognitive development. Then, there's heroin. Two kids in my neighborhood OD'd on it and their parents are very nice people, we live in a suburb (not big money) and they had jobs but lived at home into their 20s. The girl had been in rehab before but that didn't stick. A little weed gets the person a ticket unless they have a gun-that's a bigger problem and it's not uncommon.

Drugs aren't the only problem- car theft/carjacking are huge and all to often, the drivers speed off as soon as they see a cop, whether the cop was actually chasing them at the time, or not. Murder has doubled here, domestic violence has increased greatly, sexual trafficking is a big one and those aren't the only problems.

Locks and laws are for honest people- criminals don't care.

highfigh

highfigh

Now THIS is really interesting

I'd like to hear some thoughts from you fellas

I like the idea in theory but I have a few thoughts

How are they going to pay for these programs in the middle of a pandemic

If each one of you had too pay more taxes to get these programs funded would you be okay with that

Say they raise taxes by 15 to 20% would everyone be on board with that to help nationwide movements like this out?

I'm not posting this to be confrontational I'm geniunly curious about your guys thoughts feelings and feedbacks on this

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet I can't wrap my mind around it yet.

But if taxes or others need to be raise to make this happen is it a good idea to try for this in a pandemic which has caused a depression?

People like to use the word recession I feel were past that in my humble opinion were in a depression that's going to last for a long long time

How does this stuff get paid for? Do you guys have good points or ideas on how this can be used in a good way? I mean if you can rebuild those communities and they prosper that income helps America right?

Really interested in your guys take on this
Congress thinks they can print money and in order to give people something to get them by, POTUS has to sign the Bill. The national debt skyrockets, the opposing party shits all over POTUS and just imagine if Obama or Trump had refused to sign the relief Bills- they'd never be able to live it down.

Most people can't afford their life now, they surely can't pay higher taxes but the Left wants nothing more than to equalize wealth, so this was as good a way as any to make the wealthy pay more.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai

I like the idea in theory but I have a few thoughts

How are they going to pay for these programs in the middle of a pandemic

If each one of you had too pay more taxes to get these programs funded would you be okay with that

Say they raise taxes by 15 to 20% would everyone be on board with that to help nationwide movements like this out?

I'm not posting this to be confrontational I'm geniunly curious about your guys thoughts feelings and feedbacks on this

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet I can't wrap my mind around it yet.

But if taxes or others need to be raise to make this happen is it a good idea to try for this in a pandemic which has caused a depression?

People like to use the word recession I feel were past that in my humble opinion were in a depression that's going to last for a long long time

How does this stuff get paid for? Do you guys have good points or ideas on how this can be used in a good way? I mean if you can rebuild those communities and they prosper that income helps America right?

Really interested in your guys take on this
Speaking of The Hodge Twins...

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Congress thinks they can print money and in order to give people something to get them by, POTUS has to sign the Bill. The national debt skyrockets, the opposing party shits all over POTUS and just imagine if Obama or Trump had refused to sign the relief Bills- they'd never be able to live it down.

Most people can't afford their life now, they surely can't pay higher taxes but the Left wants nothing more than to equalize wealth, so this was as good a way as any to make the wealthy pay more.
If it is deemed appropriate to pay reparations, that would be "owed money", not charity or vote buying. And, if it is owed money, the acquiescence to pay or the impact on national debt are pretty much irrelevant.

Canada is paying, and will pay, Indigenous people reparations to compensate for damages caused by various policies over the years. We probably owe much more...

jinjuku

jinjuku

I think it's worth trying. We live in a time that some of us and many of our parents lived in a time where racism was codified. Those ripples in the water will take time to subside.

jinjuku

jinjuku

You want us to stop arresting drug dealers? You want us to stop arresting druggies who carry and deal drugs close to schools? Not a problem except for impaired driving? What about not showing up on time/at all for work, not being able to concentrate well enough to do their job well, or safely? What about the loss of ambition in many who spend their time wasted? Jobs lost, can't get a better job, respiratory issues like chronic bronchitis? Then, there's that vacant look in their eyes when someone is trying to talk to them and can't find a sign of life. I'm familiar with it- some just can't function well when they're high and kids definitely shouldn't use it because the studies show that it impairs cognitive development. Then, there's heroin. Two kids in my neighborhood OD'd on it and their parents are very nice people, we live in a suburb (not big money) and they had jobs but lived at home into their 20s. The girl had been in rehab before but that didn't stick. A little weed gets the person a ticket unless they have a gun-that's a bigger problem and it's not uncommon.

Drugs aren't the only problem- car theft/carjacking are huge and all to often, the drivers speed off as soon as they see a cop, whether the cop was actually chasing them at the time, or not. Murder has doubled here, domestic violence has increased greatly, sexual trafficking is a big one and those aren't the only problems.

Locks and laws are for honest people- criminals don't care.
I want to stop filling prisons. I want drug users to get help that isn't in the form of punishment. Last time I stopped showing for work I didn't have a job. I work at a job that does drug screening.

Criminal drug laws did nothing to prevent two kids in your neighborhood from OD'ing. Getting them medical help may.

I said decriminalize, not make legal. Bottom line is you are going to have idiots that use and that's all they want to do. One of my brothers, whom I have no contact with, is such just a cause. I don't see any recourse for him other than a short life. He's now going in and out of the hospital with related problems and the occurrences are ramping up. He's been a life long poor decision maker since his early teens. Ain't no fix for that.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I want to stop filling prisons. I want drug users to get help that isn't in the form of punishment. Last time I stopped showing for work I didn't have a job. I work at a job that does drug screening.

Criminal drug laws did nothing to prevent two kids in your neighborhood from OD'ing. Getting them medical help may.

I said decriminalize, not make legal. Bottom line is you are going to have idiots that use and that's all they want to do. One of my brothers, whom I have no contact with, is such just a cause. I don't see any recourse for him other than a short life. He's now going in and out of the hospital with related problems and the occurrences are ramping up. He's been a life long poor decision maker since his early teens. Ain't no fix for that.
That's where poor mental health care is really exposed. Much of the addiction to hard drugs stems from un/undertreated mental health issues and the misguided attempts to self-medicate just don't work. I can't see any reason why a sane individual would consume highly addictive substances "for fun".

Then there are the pharmaceutical companies foisting "safe" opioids onto unsuspecting patients. There needs to be a much higher degree of personal liability assigned to executives who knowingly (or are wilfully blind) approve the release of such "medications".

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
That's where poor mental health care is really exposed. Much of the addiction to hard drugs stems from un/undertreated mental health issues and the misguided attempts to self-medicate just don't work. I can't see any reason why a sane individual would consume highly addictive substances "for fun".

Then there are the pharmaceutical companies foisting "safe" opioids onto unsuspecting patients. There needs to be a much higher degree of personal liability assigned to executives who knowingly (or are wilfully blind) approve the release of such "medications".
I can't begin to tell you with my work in mental health just how right you are

We have literally zero support for these guys when they leave the facility and they just keep spiraling back to us it's a vicious vicious cycle and that was before COVID

Our recovery patients for substance abuse our just HURTING so bad right now the pandemic is just been absolutely brutal to them

With meetings and other forms of support groups locked down and there discharging into social isolation it's the worst time for them as they take there first steps into recovery. That's when they are at they're most vulnerable in sobriety and covid is just ripping them to peices

Our hospital is just crazy crazy busy right now and the condition I'm seeing some of our patients coming in is just brutal it's been very heartbreaking

Man you guys have been keeping me healthy I work my butt off over there and really just isolate I don't want to risk others or my patients so it's just work and home work and homethe rest of my family is not here due to I don't want them to be at risk so it's just me in this big ol house

so getting on here and interacting has been keeping me from down sliding

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

I know there's nothing you can do but I'm very sorry to hear about your brother

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Remember the FDA makes the approval. There's the Netflix doc "The Pharmacist" about this. Really good watch.
Yeah, I realize that. But, somebody in the company has to approve the submission to the FDA, which is what I meant. I saw that documentary and yes, it was quite good.

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
How are these guys not on Faux News?

They're always on the lookout for minority mouthpieces to salve white people's consciences.

They need to fire their agent.
I think any comedian is kind off special they get to challenge us on stuff that needs to be put out there and do it in a way where we can laugh about it instead of just go at each other like we unfortunately do

That being said why do you feel white people need them as a mouthpiece to salve our consciousness? I'm interested in your feelings on that if you don't mind me asking

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
How are these guys not on Faux News?

They're always on the lookout for minority mouthpieces to salve white people's consciences.

They need to fire their agent.
Matter of fact come to think of it why are they a mouthpiece for being human beings and expressing there beliefs?

I'm not trying to pick a fight Id like to hear your perspective on what you posted there

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Matter of fact come to think of it why are they a mouthpiece for being human beings and expressing there beliefs?

I'm not trying to pick a fight Id like to hear your perspective on what you posted there
Because every time there's a racial/political issue Faux News brings out their token black man/woman to spout their gibberish, that's all.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Because every time there's a racial/political issue Faux News brings out their token black man/woman to spout their gibberish, that's all.
Youtube is full of people of all backrounds showing that they exhibit internally derived thought. Are you sure you aren't using the word token to mean something else?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis