as if COVID wasn't bad enough ............

Status
Not open for further replies.
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I agree that the protests are justified and the rioting/looting are completely unjustified and counterproductive.

Why do we never hear about white drivers being beaten/abused/shot? I'm sure it must happen, but we just don't hear about it.
Would people be as outraged? I don't think so and that wouldn't work for the media.

This shows that Blacks are shot at a disproportionate rate, but it leaves out the details of the incidents. I think the chance that the dead were going peacefully is low, for all incidents.

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

Would people be as outraged? I don't think so and that wouldn't work for the media.

This shows that Blacks are shot at a disproportionate rate, but it leaves out the details of the incidents. I think that the chance that the dead were going peacefully is low, for all incidents.

Are there statistics for the Asian community?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
You know one thing that we haven't talked about is what's things going to be like down the road

I feel and it's just my view that police could benefit from more funding for better training or better allocation of the funding they have to train them better

The only thing I wonder is whose going to want to be a cop right now? Who in there right mind would want to take that job in this current state of affairs

Plus if defunding really hits that means less pay or your going to get cut a lot of cops are quiting retiring can't say I blame them right now

Which leads to an interesting thought whose left out there that are going to be left that want to take this job?

Probably people that are not who we want working that type of job. And since they'll be desperate to get people in some situations these type of individuals are going to get hired

Which might leave us with more of a problem then we had before.

I think the cops need Reform I'm just thinking real reform might cost more not less to change the culture that runs from the top down in that Instituation

I feel like it's gotten to the point now where you can only kick some one when they're down so long until you get the opposite reaction from what you want

I'm wondering if we're getting close to that here

An interesting thing I learned is that internal affairs investigations are not usually started by civilians and outsiders they're usually started by complaints from other cops

Other cops saying this person was ought of line I didn't like what I saw in this situation with who I was working with

So there are obviously good cops in the system we have that feel that things need to change the fact that they only want change through IA and don't feel safe expressing it openly points to a top down leadership issue and cultural problem

How do we help those cops get that change I'm not sure giving them less resources and continuing to kick the poop out of them after the fact is going to really get us there

I mean we know what the problem is so what's the solutions

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I think people have become too selfish to do this as a nationwide practice. This country has had a "What's in it for me?" attitude for too long.
there was an article yesterday with the CDC that said it perfectly

Masks are not a right they are proven in this situation to be a public health safety issue

It's not about rights it's about health period end of story I liked the way he put it

The director of The CDC also stated if everyone would just get on board with this he still feels in a matter of about 8 weeks it could drastically improve the situation

That's how effective it is really good article

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Now THIS is some scary sh@$ I feel terrible for that dude and his family that's horrible

Last thing we need some possible crazy serial killer running around right now

The investigation is pending so let's hope that's not what it is

In this chaotic time a killer like that could literally just rampage unchecked it's hard enough to catch them normally

My prayers go out to this dude what a horrible way to die.

highfigh

highfigh

Last thing we need some possible crazy serial killer running around right now

The investigation is pending so let's hope that's not what it is

In this chaotic time a killer like that could literally just rampage unchecked it's hard enough to catch them normally
So let's defund the police anyway, right?

highfigh

highfigh

You know one thing that we haven't talked about is what's things going to be like down the road

I feel and it's just my view that police could benefit from more funding for better training or better allocation of the funding they have to train them better

The only thing I wonder is whose going to want to be a cop right now? Who in there right mind would want to take that job in this current state of affairs

Plus if defunding really hits that means less pay or your going to get cut a lot of cops are quiting retiring can't say I blame them right now

Which leads to an interesting thought whose left out there that are going to be left that want to take this job?

Probably people that are not who we want working that type of job. And since they'll be desperate to get people in some situations these type of individuals are going to get hired

Which might leave us with more of a problem then we had before.

I think the cops need Reform I'm just thinking real reform might cost more not less to change the culture that runs from the top down in that Instituation

I feel like it's gotten to the point now where you can only kick some one when they're down so long until you get the opposite reaction from what you want

I'm wondering if we're getting close to that here

An interesting thing I learned is that internal affairs investigations are not usually started by civilians and outsiders they're usually started by complaints from other cops

Other cops saying this person was ought of line I didn't like what I saw in this situation with who I was working with

So there are obviously good cops in the system we have that feel that things need to change the fact that they only want change through IA and don't feel safe expressing it openly points to a top down leadership issue and cultural problem

How do we help those cops get that change I'm not sure giving them less resources and continuing to kick the poop out of them after the fact is going to really get us there

I mean we know what the problem is so what's the solutions
AOC said that without the police, it looks like the suburbs. What a freaking idiot!

highfigh

highfigh

Nice straw man you are hacking feverishly again, and by these repeated long bouts you should have an excellent cardiovascular fitness.
Thanks, I'm doing fine but I'm not hacking feverishly.

Apparently, you really have no idea what's happening in the suburbs of the US- crime has risen dramatically and if the police are defunded, the larger cities won't be able to deal with the short staffing. In Milwaukee, the common council is looking at cutting 10% from the police budget- they can't handle the load now. I fail to see how the cuts will help. According to the Police Chief, 94% of the total budget goes for salaries and benefits. This department has policies in place that require officers to report and stop wrongdoing, but it still happens. It shouldn't be addressed through punitive budget cuts, it needs to be addressed by finding and removing bad officers before they can kill people.

Removing police WILL NOT make things better but you must have a big brain because you think you know about the people in this country.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks, I'm doing fine but I'm not hacking feverishly.
Sorry, does strenuously cover it better?

Apparently, you really have no idea what's happening in the suburbs of the US...
Does your frequent admonishment of others posters for their supposed "absolute" posts just apply to them, as usual? Milwaukee is not the center of the world, nor USA, just saying.

jinjuku

jinjuku

So let's defund the police anyway, right?
If you stopped the war on drugs (de-criminalize but not legal). If you stopped Civil Asset Forfeiture, If you stopped 'Stop and Frisk'. You would actually free up police and make better use of their current resources.

Think about the states where cops don't have to hassle themselves with weed smokers. It was never a big problem in the first place outside of impaired driving.

They are asked to do many things. Including policing for profit which simply creates rot. I would like some of the responsibilities that they have taken off their plate and steer the money saved to some other programs.

It won't solve everything but I don't see how it can't hurt.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
People getting beat up at stores for not wearing face masks.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
If you stopped the war on drugs (de-criminalize but not legal). If you stopped Civil Asset Forfeiture, If you stopped 'Stop and Frisk'. You would actually free up police and make better use of their current resources.

Think about the states where cops don't have to hassle themselves with weed smokers. It was never a big problem in the first place outside of impaired driving.

They are asked to do many things. Including policing for profit which simply creates rot. I would like some of the responsibilities that they have taken off their plate and steer the money saved to some other programs.

It won't solve everything but I don't see how it can't hurt.
I like your suggestion whether they defund or not it helps out police: is a win win for lowering civilian interactions that could escalate: and as you stated you don't have to add or take away anything

If it frees up officers maybe they could allocate that time for better training or just time to let them decompress

Those are some good thoughts bro

jinjuku

jinjuku

People getting beat up at stores for not wearing face masks.
Honestly wear your mask. It's now required here in KY. No your rights and liberties are not being taken away by the requirement anymore than you can't go out in public without pants and underwear on.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Honestly wear your mask. It's now required here in KY. No your rights and liberties are not being taken away by the requirement anymore than you can't go out in public without pants and underwear on.
Here also in Louisiana, also, in which Louisiana leads the nation in new cases pre
Population. 3 more deaths just here in this city alone. City just about on lockdown again, thing is people aren't taking this thing Seriously. The mix of the ones not wearing mask are of young and old and of all colors. Never seen anything like this. As soon as the powers be lifted Curfew and let the bars and stores open back up in June dumbass's where back at it like it was a block party. The Seriousness of this is being put on Selfishness of self righteousness aholes of the very Freedom that will be of their own Demise.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Now THIS is really interesting

I'd like to hear some thoughts from you fellas

I like the idea in theory but I have a few thoughts

How are they going to pay for these programs in the middle of a pandemic

If each one of you had too pay more taxes to get these programs funded would you be okay with that

Say they raise taxes by 15 to 20% would everyone be on board with that to help nationwide movements like this out?

I'm not posting this to be confrontational I'm geniunly curious about your guys thoughts feelings and feedbacks on this

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet I can't wrap my mind around it yet.

But if taxes or others need to be raise to make this happen is it a good idea to try for this in a pandemic which has caused a depression?

People like to use the word recession I feel were past that in my humble opinion were in a depression that's going to last for a long long time

How does this stuff get paid for? Do you guys have good points or ideas on how this can be used in a good way? I mean if you can rebuild those communities and they prosper that income helps America right?

Really interested in your guys take on this

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

This was interesting
these dudes are obviously pretty far right as much as they bag on the left but they're funny as sh@$ and they do bring up some juicy material for discussions and points to be made

I'll be curious to hear your guys thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis