as if COVID wasn't bad enough ............

Status
Not open for further replies.
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The guys in GA are Crackers- that's what they do.
I live in the south and am still not sure what "cracker" means, but this incident is relevant to BLM because there were no arrests made at the time. So the system was complacent with the sequence of events even though they had the video. I don't know how much of the problem lies with the police who investigated vs their supervisors, but neither can be corrupt without the other at least looking the other way!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I live in the south and am still not sure what "cracker" means, but this incident is relevant to BLM because there were no arrests made at the time. So the system was complacent with the sequence of events even though they had the video. I don't know how much of the problem lies with the police who investigated vs their supervisors, but neither can be corrupt without the other at least looking the other way!
Here ya go https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2013/07/01/197644761/word-watch-on-crackers

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Sorry Shady I have to disagree with you on this one

I've done a lot of research and listening to both sides and yes BLM the actual movement is not about black lives it's political

It was very sobering to reading there mission statements. One of which it to break up the nuclear patriarch family structure in the United States. Something that a lot of black men especially are having a hard time getting behind since the break down of the family unit is a HUGE factor in any race or cultures future generations being guaranteed to struggle

I don't want to get into a debate here but I have interview after interview to back it up

Statistic after statistic

And black people getting killed by cops with impunity is not quiet accurate

Stastically they ARE WAY WAY WAY more likely to be mistreated for minor offenses but Statistically they're not more likely to be shot more then any other race. This actually shocked some of the researchers they actually rexamined the data to be sure they were right

And I can't get behind any movement that blames all of its problems on outside factors but refuses to clean up or admit issues on there side of the street.

Now I don't agree with everything he posts but on this issue I agree and it's why I can't get behind the official BLM movement

I will get behind Justice for George Floyd and OTHERS and reform in the police system all day

And I will get behind trying to change programs that help these communities out suffering from the violence the go through which is only going to be made worse by COVID

But what I won't I won't get behind is a movement that openly says I'm to be blamed for things that happened 150 years ago that I can't control and the entire system is systemically racist to whites and I won't get behind there radical platform which is based more on knee jerk let's just make changes to the system without talk and realistically figuring out how to implement those changes and they're consequences if done too fast

We already suffered enough from just rushing into changes on COVID and we saw how that worked out

I just don't want to see a portion of our community our black citizens lose out on a real oppurtunity to make change here by an organization unrealistically pushing too hard too fast behind a quiet frankly radical movement

One other thing that little girl he linked in that video not one donation or mention of her death by BLM or if there was it's very hard to find. George Floyd who I REPEAT I do support his cause got 15 million.

That little girl and her family weren't getting sh@$t until that dude Tatum stepped up and platformed for her I don't agree with everything he posts but I respect him for that.

I can't respect that movement for not even saying Jack sh@$ getting behind that little girl and all the other children appealing to the protesters to stop hurting they're own people it's hypocritical to me. I could be wrong but it feels wrong. Not to mention where is all the money they are receiving going? It surr as sh@$ ain't going to the black community which means it's either going to Biden or BLM is using it for its own purposes which one founder already stated if they don't get what they want one way they will burn the system down and he stated take that statement as you want. Noooooooot too sure I'm comfortable with that.

And finally the more they radicalized they're positions they give Trump a weapon he desperately needs to use to his advantage right now.

But honestly if these are the positions the democrats are going to get behind f@$! man what the f@$! is a person supposed to do.
I can't get behind that movement I just can't I think BLM is full of sh@$ to be honest and if I gotta take some poop for that I'm okay with that

Also I'm open for you guys to spin some knowledge back on me here if I'm wrong on my research facts or you just have a good perspective that you feel I need to hear please with all respect hit me up I'm still trying to learn more research more

I'm still willing to admit my feelings might be wrong and Id like to hear other people's viewpoints on this so I can learn some more

It's an important vote this November and a lot of movements and opportunities for change here and I'd like to feel I listened to everyone with an open mind so I don't regret my choices both with my vote and in what I get behind
I looked up the BLM mission statement. Most of it is pretty reasonable, in my view. The only odd thing that was there was the very thing you pointed out, this statement: "We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable. "

Now, it's not all that specific what is exactly meant there. I don't know that it is saying that children should be raised without a father, and I would bet that isn't what is intended. It seems to me what it is saying that it takes a village to raise a child, and that larger society has duty in raising its citizens, at least if they want those citizens to be well-balanced. I don't disagree with that notion, however I do disagree with the notion that fathers aren't important. But it should be kept in mind that families can take all kinds of forms, and just because some families do not have the traditional one-father one-mother structure doesn't necessarily mean they are worse off.

Something else to keep in mind, it seems to me that BLM isn't as centralized as one web page or one organization. The fact that so many cities had such large protests so quickly speaks to the vitality and legitimacy of the root cause of Black Lives Matter, which is also the main thrust of the mission statement, that Black Americans are unfairly targeted by police and the justice system.

I can't watch those Youtube videos at the moment since I am not at a computer that has sound playback capability.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I looked up the BLM mission statement. Most of it is pretty reasonable, in my view. The only odd thing that was there was the very thing you pointed out, this statement: "We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable. "

Now, it's not all that specific what is exactly meant there. I don't know that it is saying that children should be raised without a father, and I would bet that isn't what is intended. It seems to me what it is saying that it takes a village to raise a child, and that larger society has duty in raising its citizens, at least if they want those citizens to be well-balanced. I don't disagree with that notion, however I do disagree with the notion that fathers aren't important. But it should be kept in mind that families can take all kinds of forms, and just because some families do not have the traditional one-father one-mother structure doesn't necessarily mean they are worse off.

Something else to keep in mind, it seems to me that BLM isn't as centralized as one web page or one organization. The fact that so many cities had such large protests so quickly speaks to the vitality and legitimacy of the root cause of Black Lives Matter, which is also the main thrust of the mission statement, that Black Americans are unfairly targeted by police and the justice system.

I can't watch those Youtube videos at the moment since I am not at a computer that has sound playback capability.
I looked up the Wikipedia page on BLM and of the three founders, two identify as queer and one of them has a Male transgender partner. This may be what influenced their statement about the nuclear family. I can see their point. Societal pressure to conform with the mom + dad + 2.3 kids household not only delegitimizes "non-traditional" family structures, it is itself, an historical aberration.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
So you think the guys in Brunswick Ga (who killed Ahmaud Arbery), Amy Cooper (with the dog in NY Central Park), and the cops in Minneapolis, Minnesota (George Floyd) all decided "Now is the time!"?
Seriously, the George Floyd incident is extreme:
1) The calmness of it - Floyd was never fighting, the officers had total control.
2) The duration of it - even if adrenaline was at play 8 minutes is more than enough time for the officers to settle down and reassess the situation.
Is it really unreasonable to expect a reaction from George Floyd's murder - you think it was random coincidence that the protests lined up with Floyd's murder??
I certainly found myself wondering "how can this be prevented from happening again?" and wanting to do something.
Not the same scale as 911, but I do think watching Floyd's murder was just as transformative for our country as watching the video of the airliners crashing into the World Trade Center!
I think COVID set the stage for a lot of things to have there time to be brought out into the open

And I think your right KEW and I agree with Shady change needs to happen

But like you I think the idea of defunding first responders in the middle of a pandemic which could get even worse both medically economically and mentally for so many might not be the best time to try that experiment out

I think your spot on with that totally

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

That's also a big root of my other issue that makes my gut not feel right about that movement

It has many different agendas and platforms all over the place and for some defunding the police means something way different then for others

There's other agendas it's pushing for that are just as disorganized

Until they narrow it down and have a list of workable attainable items it's hard to get behind them

Because they're not going to get every thing they want so what do they realistically want? And how do they realistically plan to go about it.

And part of the problem Shady is as you mentioned there are multiple factions within that movement and some of them are quiet radical and quiet militant and if they're pulling the strings I'm not very comfortable with thinking things will go well if they obtain power including black lives

There's a lot of blacks voicing that same concern and issue as well Terry Crews for example and look how they treat him

If you don't agree with them I've seen how you get treated I'm just not comfortable with that

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I guess it's fair to say I want change but I'm skeptical with getting behind that movement my gut smells bullshit with that organization

BUT I'm still trying to learn and be patient and see which direction they head and I appreciate some of the very good feedback you guys have been putting up here

It hasn't changed my mind but it's getting me to think about things so thank you guys

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The other three cops in MPLS should have gotten Chaudry to stop. Period. He was the rookie's training officer- who chose him for that? I read that the rookie asked "Should we be doing this?" and left it at that. What a gutless turd.

The guys in GA are Crackers- that's what they do. The biatch in Central Park is an idiot.

The BLM started as a protest over cops killing Blacks- the reality is that most Blacks killed by cops aren't killed by White officers. The "protests" morphed into rioting, looting, arson and mayhem almost immediately- a car was burned at a Ford dealership two blocks from my house at 2:30AM- protesters? I think not. A squad car was broken into during one of the first nights and a rifle was taken and at the same intersection, another department's squad car was damaged so badly that it was disabled. Protesters? I think not. People drove on lawns, crashed through fences, a dog was shot & killed, cars crashed while driving the wrong way at high speed on the same night. Protesters? I think not.

Two of the BLM founders have said they're trained Marxists. They want to defund the police, they want to eliminate the Police (MPLS has unanimously voted to dismantle the Police Department), they want to take over parts of cities so people can live there without cost, they continue to damage/deface/destroy public spaces/monuments/buildings/streets and commit violent crimes. Protesters? I think not.

The most liberal cities are pandering to the organizers of the protests and this will not end well.
Yep all this is accurate that living there without cost wasn't that what the Chaz zone was?

The mayor had to disband it because people were getting extorted raped shot and killed if I remember correctly

Why are there own sections to live going to be any different from that botched expirement?

You bring up some really good points here bro

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
All that did was make me more certain that I don't really know what cracker means!o_O
Not that complicated to me. I just try and avoid being called one. In the south that's probably harder.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Always amazes me white folk had no problem with the continuation of the white power type groups....KKK, John Birch, White Nationalists, Nazis, whatever.....but oh BLM is such a problem. Kneeing for a stupid football game is such a national travesty....what a load of bullshit.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Always amazes me white folk had no problem with the continuation of the white power type groups....KKK, John Birch, White Nationalists, Nazis, whatever.....but oh BLM is such a problem. Kneeing for a stupid football game is such a national travesty....what a load of bullshit.
Actually I think it is.

I agree with you I couldn't give a poop less about kneeling before games taking down statues I mean people have done crazier sh@$! Much crazier over human history in the middle of COVID you need to take some statues down play a separate national anthem to get it off your chest help you feel better cool beans we got bigger problems right now. People don't like it well don't watch

It's not like there's going to be any sports in the fall anyway even without live audiences
Heck Id be surprised if we get schools back up again let alone sports

But I do have a problem with censorship rioting looting murder and radical agendas and straight up hypocrisy

You can't have it both ways those organizations have mostly phased out because it was just plain wrong not only there message but the platform of violence and bigotry they stood

Just replacing it with a movement on the opposite end of the spectrum that acts in the same manner is just as wrong

For all the same reasons

I'm still trying to figure this movement out but some of what I'm digging up I just don't feel good about

Watching nine beautiful black children get shot down one of them as they BLOCKED THE HIGHWAY WHICH IS ILLEGAL and the poor mother was trying to turn her car around and just leave and not a single real thing was mentioned about it in the news or within there platform smells to high heaven to me Floyd got 15 million those families didn't get jack sh@$! From what I can tell

Your either willing to address black on black violence and the real problems that cause it the illiteracy rate the drugs the crime the enabling that goes on that encourages some of that bs

Don't talk sh@$ about the so called systemic racism on your platform but then not have the ability to hold yourself accountable on your own bullsh@$t

Because even if you do get what you want no police defunded police your own zones etc etc your just going to truck those opportunities up if you don't have a plan to hold your own poop accountable which quiet frankly I don't see them addressing on there platform.

Hell even other black people are speaking up on the hypocrisy and there just intimidated bullied called coons uncle Tom's if they don't go along with what the movement wants and there black

What do I feel a democratic platform is going to look like for a white cracker like me ( that was for you KEW) Lol if they get in power not feeling very optimistic

Honestly I think the Democrats will f@$! them over anyway like they always do once they get in office nobody in there right minds will let them get away with too much bullshit@$ or your just going to swing back conservative and get your asses voted right back out of office and well end up with someone worse then Trump if that's somehow possible ( God I hope not)

Life is a game where your either playing checkers or chess. I'm just trying to see where they fit on the board. Because if they are no good the last thing I want is to be a few moves behind in the game. But there are a lot of layers to that movement and some of them feel like they stink to me

But hell people are pissed COVID crazy and have some legitimate anger about stuff so maybe I just need to see how they operate once sh@$ cools down.

See the next few moves they make on the board before I make up my mind 100%

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Actually I think it is.

I agree with you I couldn't give a poop less about kneeling before games taking down statues I mean people have done crazier sh@$! Much crazier over human history in the middle of COVID you need to take some statues down play a separate national anthem to get it off your chest help you feel better cool beans we got bigger problems right now. People don't like it well don't watch

It's not like there's going to be any sports in the fall anyway even without live audiences
Heck Id be surprised if we get schools back up again let alone sports

But I do have a problem with censorship rioting looting murder and radical agendas and straight up hypocrisy

You can't have it both ways those organizations have mostly phased out because it was just plain wrong not only there message but the platform of violence and bigotry they stood

Just replacing it with a movement on the opposite end of the spectrum that acts in the same manner is just as wrong

For all the same reasons

I'm still trying to figure this movement out but some of what I'm digging up I just don't feel good about

Watching nine beautiful black children get shot down one of them as they BLOCKED THE HIGHWAY WHICH IS ILLEGAL and the poor mother was trying to turn her car around and just leave and not a single real thing was mentioned about it in the news or within there platform smells to high heaven to me Floyd got 15 million those families didn't get jack sh@$! From what I can tell

Your either willing to address black on black violence and the real problems that cause it the illiteracy rate the drugs the crime the enabling that goes on that encourages some of that bs

Don't talk sh@$ about the so called systemic racism on your platform but then not have the ability to hold yourself accountable on your own bullsh@$t

Because even if you do get what you want no police defunded police your own zones etc etc your just going to truck those opportunities up if you don't have a plan to hold your own poop accountable which quiet frankly I don't see them addressing on there platform.

Hell even other black people are speaking up on the hypocrisy and there just intimidated bullied called coons uncle Tom's if they don't go along with what the movement wants and there black

What do I feel a democratic platform is going to look like for a white cracker like me ( that was for you KEW) Lol if they get in power not feeling very optimistic

Honestly I think the Democrats will f@$! them over anyway like they always do once they get in office nobody in there right minds will let them get away with too much bullshit@$ or your just going to swing back conservative and get your asses voted right back out of office and well end up with someone worse then Trump if that's somehow possible ( God I hope not)

Life is a game where your either playing checkers or chess. I'm just trying to see where they fit on the board. Because if they are no good the last thing I want is to be a few moves behind in the game. But there are a lot of layers to that movement and some of them feel like they stink to me

But hell people are pissed COVID crazy and have some legitimate anger about stuff so maybe I just need to see how they operate once sh@$ cools down.

See the next few moves they make on the board before I make up my mind 100%
"They" make?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
"They" make?
THEY?

Yes THEY as in the movement BLM because THEY are not just a protest anymore THE ORGANIZATION has 100's of millions of dollars donated to them right now.

They are a political power they have voters influence whether people like it or not they are a player in the game it's not just about some athletes kneeling in front of the anthem they have put themselves on the board

And if they really are invested in what's best for the black communities and America good for them it's about time they got a peice of the pie it's about time that portion of America has a fair share of the power in politics

But if theyre full of sh@$ I want to be prepared.

That's the only thing I meant with the word THEY like it or not BLM is a political organization with the ability if they play there cards right to not only influence there communities but have an impact on the rest of Americans as they influence and shape policy

So yeah I'm really interested in seeing what they will do in the upcoming months

Actions speak louder than words so like I said let's see where they are at when stuff cools down let's see what they're actions do let's see the moves they make on the board

Like I said they as in the movement BLM could prove me wrong I'm starting to feel they are full of sh@$ but like I said I could be very wrong time will tell

All the info from every ones perspectives on here and people in my community and all the research on both sides helps me to challenge my own thoughts and keep my mind open to the fact that I could be wrong

I'd like to resolve some of that in my mind before November when I have to make some tough tough choices

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
So you found three videos of officers being attacked from 2010, 2017, and 2011. It is a bad thing, but that is known as part of the nature of their job. Note that two of these three were attacks by white men!
In March 2020, we have the murder of Breonna Taylor and May of 2020, George Floyd.
Breonna Taylor was completely innocent of anything.
George Floyd was guilty of passing a counterfeit bill (which is something any of us might unknowingly do - I haven't seen any informed info on whether he knew about it), however he did not resist arrest and the police had the assurance of 4 officers on the scene (unlike your videos

Actually I am not sure what your point was in the context of how radical the BLM movement was.
I just think it is strange that people are looking for a conspiracy behind the protests when we have a very obvious series of incidents to incite those protests!
Incite those protests ?

Once they escalated into violence they are not protests

You can't have it both ways

If they encourage rioting looting and murder they are radical and full of crap

And the statistics he is pointing out aren't just 3 cop videos the data the info is there not just disputing this idea that cops are just mowing down black men

But also on the fact that there's more to BLM anymore then just protesting and raising awareness of police brutality

They are now a political power period and one to be reckoned with

So just like Democrats Republicans or any other political organization I'm going to hold them up to a high level of scrutiny

They have or potentially have the ability to influence policy that affects all Americans which means I'm going to hold them to a high level of scrutiny as I would any political party

Most importantly your platform needs to be realistic and acheivable it needs to be good across the board for all Americans and you need to practice what you preach and make sure your sh@$! don't stink

in my humble layman's opinion anyone that thinks BLM is only about police reform or George Floyd and his justice and is not about taking advantage of the Power and momentum they have gained

Well keep playing checkers cus BLM is playing chess and I'm paying attention

There's nothing conspiratorial about it. It's just the reality they are a player in the game now and they have the potential to make changes if they're legit we are a better country for it If not we all feel the impact
Just like any other political power or party with a platform

So yeah I'm being cautious and mindful just trying to do my best to do that with an open mind and not jump the gun with any conclusions right now

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
So you found three videos of officers being attacked from 2010, 2017, and 2011. It is a bad thing, but that is known as part of the nature of their job. Note that two of these three were attacks by white men!
In March 2020, we have the murder of Breonna Taylor and May of 2020, George Floyd.
Breonna Taylor was completely innocent of anything.
George Floyd was guilty of passing a counterfeit bill (which is something any of us might unknowingly do - I haven't seen any informed info on whether he knew about it), however he did not resist arrest and the police had the assurance of 4 officers on the scene (unlike your videos

Actually I am not sure what your point was in the context of how radical the BLM movement was.
I just think it is strange that people are looking for a conspiracy behind the protests when we have a very obvious series of incidents to incite those protests!
OK, here's another one- that shouldn't be "part of the job".

I posted three links that took about 30 seconds to find- does it really matter when those attacks occurred?

Nobody should die because they passed a counterfeit bill. Well, unless they're trying to kill someone.

Breonna Taylor's boyfriend had fired at the officers who were there- from Wiki-

"The primary targets of the LMPD investigation were Jamarcus Glover and Adrian Walker, who were suspected of selling controlled substances from a drug house more than 10 miles (16 km) away.[4][5] Glover had a prior relationship with Taylor.[5] The search warrant included Taylor's residence because it was suspected that Glover received packages containing drugs at Taylor's apartment and because a car registered to Taylor had been seen parked on several occasions in front of Glover's house.[5][6] No drugs were found in the apartment."

What did she know about her ex BF's activities? Was she involved in any way, aside from letting him use her car? We'll probably never know, but the reality of the no-knock warrant is that the officers fired recklessly into the apartment without worrying about hitting someone else.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I wasn't debating the nature of the BLM movement.
I was addressing your thought that the timing of these protest was deliberately planned to cause chaos.
My conjecture is it was not some nefarious group that timed this, but the series of events that led people all over the world would respond and protest!
We were already in the midst of COVID- what reasonable person would decide that massive protests and rioting is a good idea. BLM's timing was a reaction to being cooped up, IMO. Murder and domestic violence incidents have increased greatly- in MKE, the number murdered is already double that of last year and the trend had been downward for the last five years, not up.

I would argue that no grassroots group is so organized that they can get a national or international event going so quickly without a lot of outside help. I'm not sure it would have been as widespread if not for the fact that face masks were being worn for preventing the spread of COVID- how many protesters or rioters want their face to be clearly visible when the bricks and bottles start flying?

When have so many city leaders caved into the demands of protest groups, so easily? What are they afraid of? Why would they think defunding the Police would be a good thing? If a PD is known to be bad, someone had to know about it before the SHTF. Even if it's only through rumors, those need to be checked out but disbanding is dangerous because the vacuum created will cause large increases in crimes at a time when people are already acting as if the police don't exist in some places. The fact that some officers seem to have taken the whole thing as a sign that they should do exactly what was being protested looks like they weren't even aware that cops killing people in custody is a problem and as I posted at the beginning of the protests, the PDs should have weeded out the bad ones before they could cause the damage they're doing.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Not that complicated to me. I just try and avoid being called one. In the south that's probably harder.
Lived in the south (Texas, guess not really "the south") and have yet to be called a cracker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis