as if COVID wasn't bad enough ............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Sorry if that wasn't clear.
Are you sorry that you weren't clear or are you sorry that he wasn't able to discern 'tongue in cheek'?

Well, which is it? And try not to be so ambiguous this time. :D

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
With all the flack he got for saying it, of course he's going to deny it after the fact. That's why it's disputed.
From your link:
Yup, you can pick and chose to support your argument. I can do the same:
1593522969923.png

1593522990132.png

So, some people said he said it, some people said he did not. The fact is it all hearsay, but preached by some (including you) as gospel.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
No President should be looked at as a savior. EVER. Public servant, absolutely. Leader, somewhat.
I'd say leader is a BIG part of what we should look for in a president. Honestly, I personally think we should have the pres held to the absolute highest standards of everything.

If we had a great leader this whole Covid thing would have gone a lot better, among other things.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Do you really believe that calling a town in Ohio a shithole is equivalent?
I think people can take anything that anyone says and place what ever context they want on it to suite their needs.

I have some friends of both Russian and Middle East immigration. They left because of some very problematic circumstances. For them it is what it is.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Well Trumpy couldn't get Boltons book stopped but for now at least he's got his nieces book halted .......

I bet it won't last, but who knows how long it'll drag out.

This part annoys me.

"We will immediately appeal," Boutrous said. "This book, which addresses matters of great public concern and importance about a sitting president in an election year, should not be suppressed even for one day."
She could just do interviews telling what's in the book if it's that important. But no, gotta make that money.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Well Trumpy couldn't get Boltons book stopped but for now at least he's got his nieces book halted .......

This is a temporary ruling.

I've read that no judge, who understands the Constitution, will rule in favor of someone sueing to block publication of a book – for reasons of freedom of speech. There may be money exchanged because violating a confidentiality agreement harmed the plaintiff as a result of publication. But blocking publication ought to be beyond reach. We'll see. I doubt if this case stops with that NY State judge.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Of course. That was a tongue-in-cheek remark. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
But, look at the adulation given Obama before he was elected- he even won a Nobel award for what they hoped he would do. WTF?

highfigh

highfigh

This is a temporary ruling.

I've read that no judge, who understands the Constitution, will rule in favor of someone sueing to block publication of a book – for reasons of freedom of speech. There may be money exchanged because violating a confidentiality agreement harmed the plaintiff as a result of publication. But blocking publication ought to be beyond reach. We'll see. I doubt if this case stops with that NY State judge.
Trudeau tried to block public presentations by the author of a book because he said (well, his lawyers said) that it would have influenced the upcoming election. YouTube has videos by the author about this and some of the people behind this work for a news source- if his niece's book could influence the election and it's found that its release is intended to do that on political grounds, I'm not sure it should be released since the time needed to verify or deny the statements against him might extend past the November election.

highfigh

highfigh

I'd say leader is a BIG part of what we should look for in a president. Honestly, I personally think we should have the pres held to the absolute highest standards of everything.

If we had a great leader this whole Covid thing would have gone a lot better, among other things.
At this point, I think it's a waste of time expecting politicians to do the best for the country.

The reason I tend to be disappointed in this country is partly because of the way people ignore shortcomings in politicians and continue to elect and re-elect them.

When the media report information with an agenda, the POTUS who isn't 'their guy' will get little done. While his comments show a complete lack of understanding of science and he is very reactive, the CDC & WHO got it wrong at the outset and that, IMO, is what caused the initial delays. The medical field sets protocols for testing and research- where the hell were they in taking so much time to develop good testing procedures that are available to all? MIA, that's where.

From the link, "
Gilead Sciences, the company that makes the Covid-19 drug, announced in an open letter on Monday morning that it has decided to set a price of $390 per vial for the US government, which would include Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense hospitals, and other governments of developed countries. But the discounted price will not include Medicare or Medicaid.
A typical five-day treatment course would include six vials, which would equate to $2,340 per patient, Daniel O'Day, Gilead Sciences chairman and CEO, said in the letter.

The US government will continue to manage US allocations of remdesivir to hospitals through September, the company said.
The letter added that the price for US private insurance companies will be $520 per vial, which would total $3,120 per patient for a five-day treatment course of six vials.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Trudeau tried to block public presentations by the author of a book because he said (well, his lawyers said) that it would have influenced the upcoming election. YouTube has videos by the author about this and some of the people behind this work for a news source- if his niece's book could influence the election and it's found that its release is intended to do that on political grounds, I'm not sure it should be released since the time needed to verify or deny the statements against him might extend past the November election.
Yeah, yet again "1st Amendment for me but not for thee" from the self-proclaimed Defender of the Constitution :rolleyes:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
But, look at the adulation given Obama before he was elected- he even won a Nobel award for what they hoped he would do. WTF?
I have great respect for the guy, but yeah, that was a head-scratcher.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Well The governor of Louisiana just shut down the state again all bar rooms theaters so on.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Had to happen. Those states (Texas, Georgia, S Carolina, Florida, Arizona, and others) should not have opened up so soon.

They were warned but they ignored the warnings. Some politicians were arrogant and foolish, risking many lives. I hope they pay in the next election.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Had to happen. Those states (Texas, Georgia, S Carolina, Florida, Arizona, and others) should not have opened up so soon.

They were warned but they ignored the warnings. Some politicians were arrogant and foolish, risking costing many lives. I hope they pay in the next election.
Fixed it for you!

However, I have to wonder if we reopened cautiously - the bars stayed closed, and masks & social distancing were required - where we would be!

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Costing lives, risking many more.

Add North Carolina to those other states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis