as if COVID wasn't bad enough ............

Status
Not open for further replies.
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Sure, but every time we see incidents of police brutality against black people, it's being perpetrated by white officers. If there are incidents involving black cops, they're well-hidden. Same (sad) thing happening in Canada.
Maybe every time you see these, but I have seen videos of Black officers being pretty darned violent with Blacks they were trying to arrest or who were already in custody. I have written about my neighbor, a former Milwaukee officer, who was shot by a would-be robber at a gas station/convenience store- he had no patience for anyone who was a criminal, Black or White. He was shot six times and we talked about it later- he didn't like that he had to shoot back, but he also didn't want to die. The family of the 'victim' immediately released a statement about it being a racially-motivated killing but that stopped as soon as they put Wayne's photo on TV.

Then, there's this-

https://psmag.com/social-justice/black-cops-are-just-as-likely-as-whites-to-kill-black-suspects

highfigh

highfigh

Chauvin is going to need a strong support group to keep him alive on the inside...my guess, he will likely take himself out.
I don't think there will be any lack of volunteers for that one. Remember Jeffrey Dahmer? He and another guy were killed during the same incident while they were in prison. The other guy (Jesse Anderson) killed his wife and blamed it on a black kid, who robbed the couple and took Anderson't hat. Once it came out that he had killed her himself, the Black community was rightfully outraged and the pair didn't last long in prison.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I never meant that to seem as if it's OK as long as Black officers do it but none of the Black officers I know want to let people get away with criminal activity, either.

All of those incidents tell me that the Police need to be training officers better, but they needed to dig deeper into the character of every one of them. That sucks. The problem- Police departments have allowed this BS to go on for so long, they don't bother to stop it. Since the protests began, I think I have read or heard that six more have been killed by the Police and many have been beaten, on camera.

The whole thing is mind boggling.
Thank for entertaining my thoughts without perceiving them as a personal attack.
I have maintained for years that The police have a credibility problem. My heart goes out to those men and women that are out there trying to do it right. The harshest criticism law enforcement officers should ever face is from their peers.
A corrupt police officer anywhere is a threat to good police officers everywhere

I stand with good police officers.

highfigh

highfigh

We've endured 3½ years of the Trump administration defunding various branches of the Federal Govt. because they disagree with them. When it's proposed to "defund police forces" the same people who support Trump's efforts cry out against it.

There should be little doubt that defunding, in an effort at reform, is blunt instrument – a blunt instrument with two edges. But you cannot be for some kinds of defunding while attacking others. It's hypocrisy.
Trump isn't blame for (EDIT) [for the cops killing people during his term] anymore than any other POTUS- the police don't depend on anyone when it comes to this and if you search for police killings and violence, the numbers are very consistent- roughly 1000 people are killed annually by the police, but don't fail to look into the situation- they don't always kill people in cuffs and many arrestees fight for their lives at that time. Whether they overpower the cops while being cuffed, beat the crap out of them or grab a gun and shoot, it's not a good situation to be in. Another point that needs to be made- more training is needed. Period. The fact that officers are required to wear a body cam of some kind is a great way to make sure evidence is available, but some way to make sure the cameras can't be disabled is needed. Chauvin didn't turn his camera on and he was a training officer.

This is an example of what they're up against. Don't watch if you don't want to see a cop being shot-

The officer in this article is Black-

Others killed while on duty-

WRT defunding and abolishing departments, I think that's far too drastic and no city can afford to be without law enforcement- criminals just can't stop being criminals and given the chance, some will commit crimes when they know they can get away with it. As I wrote, I think departments need to be penalized for their wrongful deaths and beatings- if they feel pain from their actions, maybe it will make them think about holding back.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Thank for entertaining my thoughts without perceiving them as a personal attack.
I have maintained for years that The police have a credibility problem. My heart goes out to those men and women that are out there trying to do it right. The harshest criticism law enforcement officers should ever face is from their peers.
A corrupt police officer anywhere is a threat to good police officers everywhere

I stand with good police officers.
I'm not going to argue with someone who has had to endure what I haven't, and then try to live with myself- the only slights I have dealt with were so minor they aren't worth worrying about but I have corrected people who wanted to help me before someone else who was there before I arrived. I sometimes wonder if some people are actually conscious when they're at work- when one person waits for several minutes and the employee helps the customer who walks in after the first one (me), I'm not going to go first. It's like he only reacted because he saw movement. This is only partly because I worked in retail for 40 years, but the part that bothered me was that the White guy was asked before a Black man. I go to WalMart and the people who check receipts usually let me go, but stop Black people- I hate that! If they check anyone, they should check everyone. Anyone who thinks they're so special that they don't need to be checked should hire someone to shop for them.

I don't like corrupt people, in general. I have lost enough of my stuff that I'm not a fan of criminals, but that's where I draw the line because my parents raised us to NOT hate anyone because they're different and because I haven't been victimized only by one group. I would say I have a pretty low opinion of Whites. People could be soooo much better.....

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Trump isn't blame for this anymore than any other POTUS- the police don't depend on anyone when it comes to this and if you search for police killings and violence, the numbers are very consistent- roughly 1000 people are killed annually by the police, but don't fail to look into the situation- they don't always kill people in cuffs and many arrestees fight for their lives at that time. Whether they overpower the cops while being cuffed, beat the crap out of them or grab a gun and shoot, it's not a good situation to be in. Another point that needs to be made- more training is needed. Period. The fact that officers are required to wear a body cam of some kind is a great way to make sure evidence is available, but some way to make sure the cameras can't be disabled is needed. Chauvin didn't turn his camera on and he was a training officer.

This is an example of what they're up against. Don't watch if you don't want to see a cop being shot-

The officer in this article is Black-

Others killed while on duty-

WRT defunding and abolishing departments, I think that's far too drastic and no city can afford to be without law enforcement- criminals just can't stop being criminals and given the chance, some will commit crimes when they know they can get away with it. As I wrote, I think departments need to be penalized for their wrongful deaths and beatings- if they feel pain from their actions, maybe it will make them think about holding back.
You are absolutely right in that Trump isn't to blame in this at all. This problem goes back so much further than that and as John Oliver put it in the video linked earlier, the system was designed this way.

I think what Camden, NJ did is a good approach to how to attempt to solve this problem. Get rid of everyone and make them re-apply. Sure, that's very drastic, but it is an approach.

Another is to get someone from the outside to go into the department and just get rid of those that need to be gone and try to fill their spot. From the top down. Again, difficult, but it's somewhere to start. If you can weed out everyone that fall into the "bad apple" category and get rid of the management that, for some reason, didn't deem it necessary to fire them or prosecute them for their conduct. If you can get good management in place then you can get better officers on the street.

Then, focus on training. What they get now simply isn't enough. These guys need a LOT more training in so many areas I don't even know where to start. Accountability is another huge factor. From what I know (and that is very little) of the military, if they discharge their weapon, they have to fill out paperwork. Not to say that paperwork deters them from shooting, but it (hopefully) is something that is keeping them mindful of using their weapon. Hopefully, it's only when necessary. If you look at the vast amount of footage of officers pepper spraying people simply because they said something the office didn't like, but is well protected by the 1st amendment, then how can we trust that same officer with a weapon that can kill? It looks like they lack self control and that is scary. That's where extra training comes in.

There's a lot more to it that anything I've put, obviously, but that could be a start and honestly doesn't seem that complex, but you just have to do it. Unions are another issue, but I'm not going into that.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
I am really sorry that crap happens to you and I'm sure way to many POC, this is complete crap that its something that you "have" to get used to. I'm white and I have experienced crappy police but never anything like that.

I feel like police are trained to sort of ignore peoples rights and this is the root of the problem. I've seen videos of police interactions and the ones who actually 1)use their heads and 2) know and respect peoples rights go really smooth compared to interactions where the officer is cocky and arrogant. Check out the youtube channel audit the audit it was eye opening to me.

I feel like police misconduct should be protested and called out. I'm not for the riots or the looting I think that ruins the message. But i do agree that in many cases the police hierarchy is an old boys network and they protect each other and this needs to end. we need the best of the best to be police.

just my 2 cents
I mostly agree with your points.

I felt like the looters and rioters were a small % of the protesters and many were probably there for that purpose...it wouldn't surprise me if some of them were planted.

At any rate...it was said earlier, but Chauvin wasn't new to this type behavior...reportedly out of 18 complaints against him...2 resulted in discipline of some sort...clearly it wasn't a deterrent. I think if police chiefs knew there budgets were on the line and could be defunded...cops like Chauvin would be shaped up much sooner or shipped out.

highfigh

highfigh

You are absolutely right in that Trump isn't to blame in this at all. This problem goes back so much further than that and as John Oliver put it in the video linked earlier, the system was designed this way.

I think what Camden, NJ did is a good approach to how to attempt to solve this problem. Get rid of everyone and make them re-apply. Sure, that's very drastic, but it is an approach.

Another is to get someone from the outside to go into the department and just get rid of those that need to be gone and try to fill their spot. From the top down. Again, difficult, but it's somewhere to start. If you can weed out everyone that fall into the "bad apple" category and get rid of the management that, for some reason, didn't deem it necessary to fire them or prosecute them for their conduct. If you can get good management in place then you can get better officers on the street.

Then, focus on training. What they get now simply isn't enough. These guys need a LOT more training in so many areas I don't even know where to start. Accountability is another huge factor. From what I know (and that is very little) of the military, if they discharge their weapon, they have to fill out paperwork. Not to say that paperwork deters them from shooting, but it (hopefully) is something that is keeping them mindful of using their weapon. Hopefully, it's only when necessary. If you look at the vast amount of footage of officers pepper spraying people simply because they said something the office didn't like, but is well protected by the 1st amendment, then how can we trust that same officer with a weapon that can kill? It looks like they lack self control and that is scary. That's where extra training comes in.

There's a lot more to it that anything I've put, obviously, but that could be a start and honestly doesn't seem that complex, but you just have to do it. Unions are another issue, but I'm not going into that.
I think that all cities have to take the blame for this- the problem is far from new and politicians act as if someone killed their families every time this kind of thing happens, but nobody EVER does anything unless they benefit, politically. The flip side is that people continue to elect these turds and nothing changes until rioting breaks out and the conversation restarts. For awhile. Then, the media circus shines their lights on the Elephants and Tigers, to make us forget.

I think many lose control but I think that some lack self control and are at the brink every day. Some just become so overloaded by the situation that all they can do is a primal reaction. Many shoot until they're out of bullets and keep clicking. I saw a video of troopers shooting at a driver at night. The problem is that traffic was coming from both directions and they never noticed. Their weapons were in full auto mode.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
True and lets not forget the Police Unions responsibility in all this mess. Interviews this morning on CBS with 4 Police Chiefs from different cities around the country echoed this as well
The Blue Code of Silence

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Was in Hobby lobby today this woman with 3 of her kids came right up on me down One of the Isles I was down . I kindly asked her not to get that close she went off on me. I had my face mask on they all didn't so as I was walking off told her that people where still Dying from the virus. She could care less even Laughed and made fun of it. Some do not care about nothing. Just last night on theLocal news more Cases and deaths were reported around the area where I live. So as I was leaving she goes, Peace out, told to Shove it!

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Chauvin is going to need a strong support group to keep him alive on the inside...my guess, he will likely take himself out.
Almost guaranteed that he'll gravitate to the Aryan Brotherhood for protection or be rotated to different prisons during his incarceration, that is if he's convicted.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Trump isn't blame for this anymore than any other POTUS- the police don't depend on anyone when it comes to this and if you search for police killings and violence, the numbers are very consistent- roughly 1000 people are killed annually by the police, but don't fail to look into the situation- they don't always kill people in cuffs and many arrestees fight for their lives at that time. Whether they overpower the cops while being cuffed, beat the crap out of them or grab a gun and shoot, it's not a good situation to be in. Another point that needs to be made- more training is needed. Period. The fact that officers are required to wear a body cam of some kind is a great way to make sure evidence is available, but some way to make sure the cameras can't be disabled is needed. Chauvin didn't turn his camera on and he was a training officer.
I never said anything at all blaming Trump for what those policemen did in Minneapolis. Yet your response starts off as if I claimed that. For someone who likes to criticize others for their lack of "reading comprehension", I don't see any evidence that you even read what I had previously said:
We've endured 3½ years of the Trump administration defunding various branches of the Federal Govt. because they disagree with them. When it's proposed to "defund police forces" the same people who support Trump's efforts cry out against it.

There should be little doubt that defunding, in an effort at reform, is blunt instrument – a blunt instrument with two edges. But you cannot be for some kinds of defunding while attacking others. It's hypocrisy.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Was in Hobby lobby today this woman with 3 of her kids came right up on me down One of the Isles I was down . I kindly asked her not to get that close she went off on me. I had my face mask on they all didn't so as I was walking off told her that people where still Dying from the virus. She could care less even Laughed and made fun of it. Some do not care about nothing. Just last night on theLocal news more Cases and deaths were reported around the area where I live. So as I was leaving she goes, Peace out, told to Shove it!
As has been shown over the past few months, stupidity knows no boundaries ......

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
As has been shown over the past few months, stupidity know no boundaries ......
Just when you think you've seen the dumbest thing, someone somehow manages to top it. Never ending cycle of stupid.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I needed to go to Lowe's today, I was disappointed to see that around 30% wore no masks, 20% were properly wearing masks covering mouth and nose, and 50% had masks attached to their head in some fashion, but they were being used as a fashion accessory (tucked under chin, pulled off of nose, hanging from one ear, etc)!
My guess is this 40% doesn't really want to wear masks, but has them handy to comply if needed. Right when you walk in the door you see employees with masks but not properly wearing them, and I suspect the others took their cue from the employees (which is no doubt a reflection of management).
It would be nice if there was a clear rule on this, but I guess we will know how much of a concern this is in a few days! My understanding is the current testing numbers are confounded by new testing which is adding more cases that may not have been noted earlier when only people suspected to have the virus were tested. However, we are close to reaching the point where the impact of opening up the economy will be able to be evaluated by Covid death rates (which should be reasonably compared to earlier death rates.
It would be good to know:
1) Did opening the economy accelerate the spread of Covid 19? If so, by how much?
2) Is the warmer weather slowing the virus? If so, by how much?

It will be easy enough to find the overall trend, but knowing which factors had how much influence is needed to be able to make better decisions. It sure would be nice to have an established plan for later this year when the temperature starts dropping.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I needed to go to Lowe's today, I was disappointed to see that around 30% wore no masks, 20% were properly wearing masks covering mouth and nose, and 50% had masks attached to their head in some fashion, but they were being used as a fashion accessory (tucked under chin, pulled off of nose, hanging from one ear, etc)!
My guess is this 40% doesn't really want to wear masks, but has them handy to comply if needed. Right when you walk in the door you see employees with masks but not properly wearing them, and I suspect the others took their cue from the employees (which is no doubt a reflection of management).
It would be nice if there was a clear rule on this, but I guess we will know how much of a concern this is in a few days! My understanding is the current testing numbers are confounded by new testing which is adding more cases that may not have been noted earlier when only people suspected to have the virus were tested. However, we are close to reaching the point where the impact of opening up the economy will be able to be evaluated by Covid death rates (which should be reasonably compared to earlier death rates.
It would be good to know:
1) Did opening the economy accelerate the spread of Covid 19? If so, by how much?
2) Is the warmer weather slowing the virus? If so, by how much?

It will be easy enough to find the overall trend, but knowing which factors had how much influence is needed to be able to make better decisions. It sure would be nice to have an established plan for later this year when the temperature starts dropping.
Kew, Less than half have mask on I just left a Walmart store, The ones with no mask don't care those are the ones passing by very closely or trying to come up on people like You gotta move. The ones with mask and some with gloves on are the most Courteous. What I am seeing are mostly White people and young African Americans that don't have mask on. Some Asian also. All Walmart Associates have mask on and gloves. They will move or let you pass by with a safe Distance.

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
As has been shown over the past few months, stupidity knows no boundaries ......
Yep seems to run unchecked, but yet mad mobs get a pass burning down Businesses loading up carts with 4k tvs and so. Guess the Law enforcers didn't want no part of upholding the Law. But yet gonna fire gas and knock 70 something year old people to the ground. Kill a Defenseless human being by Suffocating him to death. Sad sad sad.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Almost guaranteed that he'll gravitate to the Aryan Brotherhood for protection or be rotated to different prisons during his incarceration, that is if he's convicted.
No doubt...either way...he'll be somebody's bitch most likely.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
No doubt...either way...he'll be somebody's bitch most likely.
Every time I think about it, it was just too insane.
It would be one thing if adrenaline was running high, but 8 minutes is a long time to just calmly watch someone die when they are not resisting. It was daylight (no "thought I saw a knife") and the guy was in cuffs and on his belly. It may not be premeditated to make for 1st degree murder, but he did have plenty of time to "take a breath" and consider what he was doing and make a conscious decision to stick with it. This was not really a reflex act or act of immediate emotion like second degree normally is. It doesn't meet the letter of the law for first degree (which is what actually matters); however, I do believe it probably meets the intent behind the distinction of 1st degree murder!
1st or 2nd, it really doesn't matter because either gets him in jail long enough for his life as he knows it to effectively be over (if not literally over)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis