as if COVID wasn't bad enough ............

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
So last night peaceful protesters in DC were forcibly moved off public land several blocks with teargas, stun grenades and a phalanx of shielded federal police all so Trump could give a short speech and walk across the street to a church for a photop. He made a special point to address the protection of second amendment rights which are not an issue in this situation while trampling the EXACT point of the first amendment. Any Trump heads out there wanna explainn how this is a good idea?
Reasons, I guess...

Oh, and there's this:

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
He made a special point to address the protection of second amendment rights which are not an issue in this situation while trampling the EXACT point of the first amendment. Any Trump heads out there wanna explainn how this is a good idea?
I did not see Trump last night nor am I a fan of him but what was it of the first amendment that he was 'trampling' ?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
The scenes John Parks show are after dark elsewhere in the city. The scene near Lafayette park I saw live on the news was peaceful at 6:45 pm when it was still quite light out.

Mikado: First amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances." (Note this does not apply to places of employment etc.) This is exactly the intent of the amendment.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
That's not what I was asking Dan to elaborate on, but rather his comments about them applying to the "opposite end of the spectrum." I certainly hope that he isn't drinking the koolaid about the arson and looting being solely antifa or leftists when evidence indicates otherwise.
of course not, radicals and scum on both sides of the aisle.......

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
The scenes John Parks show are after dark elsewhere in the city. The scene near Lafayette park I saw live on the news was peaceful at 6:45 pm when it was still quite light out.

Mikado: First amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances." (Note this does not apply to places of employment etc.) This is exactly the intent of the amendment.
gotcha, understood, while I didn't see any of which you spoke of I'm sure there was some 'mishandling'. Regardless, no where in there does it provide any right to the rioting, looting and violence that's taking place.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai

Lafayette park the night before:
1591113788939.png

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
gotcha, understood, while I didn't see any of which you spoke of I'm sure there was some 'mishandling'. Regardless, no where in there does it provide any right to the rioting, looting and violence that's taking place.
Agreed it's gotta stop from the news last night at night it's become obvious there starting to just straight out go after police as target practice and this widespread destruction of businesses has to stop the economy is stressed bad enough not to mention these mass protests have the potential to be a super spreader for COVID which could land us right back to where we were months ago

I'm not sure what the right response is but they'll only get bolder the more they are unimpeded

I feel maybe let the daytime protesters be there not causing any problems but if your out past a ceartin curfew and your obviously looting concentrate your response to that and hit them hard.

I'm aware this could be a bad idea and I'm definetly open to your guys ideas on how things could be handled lot of hard choices here I'm not sure which one is the best choice

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
It's extremely rare that I quote George F. Will. In the past, his right-wing conservative positions have offended me enough to largely ignore him. But today, I'll overlook all that. Today's Washington Post published his opinion column titled:

Trump must be removed. So must his congressional enablers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/no-one-should-want-four-more-years-of-this-taste-of-ashes/2020/06/01/1a80ecf4-a425-11ea-bb20-ebf0921f3bbd_story.html

I'll quote his 1st and last paragraphs:
"This unraveling presidency began with the Crybaby-in-Chief banging his spoon on his highchair tray to protest a photograph — a photograph — showing that his inauguration crowd the day before had been smaller than the one four years previous. Since then, this weak person’s idea of a strong person, this chest-pounding advertisement of his own gnawing insecurities, this low-rent Lear raging on his Twitter-heath has proven that the phrase malignant buffoon is not an oxymoron."​
"Those who think our unhinged president’s recent mania about a murder two decades ago that never happened represents his moral nadir have missed the lesson of his life: There is no such thing as rock bottom. So, assume that the worst is yet to come. Which implicates national security: Abroad, anti-Americanism sleeps lightly when it sleeps at all, and it is wide-awake as decent people judge our nation’s health by the character of those to whom power is entrusted. Watching, too, are indecent people in Beijing and Moscow."​

Will's last paragraph comment "There is no such thing as rock bottom. So, assume that the worst is yet to come" got my interest. It certainly is no secret that Trump is far behind in polls, as of late May, some 5 months before the November election. It is also widely believed and feared that Trump is planning various ways to interfere with or block the election. This could include declaring martial law to prevent an election loss. What we witnessed on Sunday at Lafayette Square in Washington, DC should be thought of as a practice run.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Are you trying to justify inaction? I think I would have said something, at the very least. A small group could have rushed Chauvin and pushed him off- that would have saved a life. I doubt the officers would have shot unarmed people when it was being recorded.

If a crowd watches something like this and does nothing, they share the guilt. The officers had no weapons in hand and in fact, Chauvin had one hand in his pocket- that's a clear sign that he felt no threat from the crowd. If anyone had thought to remind the jag that the event was being recorded by many cameras and that it would surely be made public, the outcome might have been different.
Risking charges of interfering with a police officer, assault on a police officer, etc are pretty serious, especially in some 'hoods where the police are doing stupid shite like this to begin with....a real serous risk. That they did this on camera (their own as well as bystanders) is a bit mind-boggling.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I can't get thru the idiocy of the vbloggers....do they have any basis themselves?
obviously not far enough 'left' for you.......... as for their basis, no more or less than yours or mine.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
obviously not far enough 'left' for you.......... as for their basis, no more or less than yours or mine.
Why do I want to listen to a coupla whining guys who can't get to the point? I have little patience for random amateur videos like this (and their kmart acoustically treated studio :) ). I don't care what side of the political fence they're on if their presentation is annoying....

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Why do I want to listen to a coupla whining guys who can't get to the point? I have little patience for random amateur videos like this (and their kmart acoustically treated studio :) ). I don't care what side of the political fence they're on if their presentation is annoying....
Ok, fair enough........

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ok, fair enough........
Seems it was Barr who did the ordering....something I'm sure he came up with all by himself, the staunchly independent head of the Justice Dept that has been perverting justice for his mere love of the drumph?

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
In fact, growing cotton with slave labor is what prevented the south from entering and benefiting from the industrial age. Plantation owners would rather sell cotton as a raw material to the industrial north, as well as Great Britain and France. They would rather pocket the profits, than pay for developing any local cotton fabric weaving industry in the south.

So claiming that the industrial revolution had made slaves unnecessary is untrue. If anything, it is part of the false 'revisionist history', spread by the south in the decades after 1880, that claimed the Civil War was not about slavery, but about state's rights.
Wow, you really just jogged my brain!

Back in the 90's I rented a place from a sweet old lady who was part of John Calhoun's family tree (can't remember the exact relation now). I had seen and been around rich people before, but she was the first (maybe only?) one I had ever really gotten to know. A few times she actually had me over to her house and we had incredible conversations. It was just a weird random friendship. But I remember her telling me that in her family were handwritten papers by John Calhoun decrying the cotton gin and the threat it posed to the "Southern way of life." Freeing the slaves they already had.. and then being forced to buy machines that did the same work? It was a major factor stoking the flames of the Civil War.

I miss ol' Claire... also the first person I ever met with a pet goose. :D

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Seems it was Barr who did the ordering....something I'm sure he came up with all by himself, the staunchly independent head of the Justice Dept that has been perverting justice for his mere love of the drumph?
Oh well, so much for draining the 'swamp', i wish we could have gotten rid of all of them, perhaps move the Capitol to Punynxetawney, I'd rather have Phil be the prez, shadow or no shadow !

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Will's last paragraph comment "There is no such thing as rock bottom. So, assume that the worst is yet to come" got my interest. It certainly is no secret that Trump is far behind in polls, as of late May, some 5 months before the November election. It is also widely believed and feared that Trump is planning various ways to interfere with or block the election. This could include declaring martial law to prevent an election loss. What we witnessed on Sunday at Lafayette Square in Washington, DC should be thought of as a practice run.
I remember in the previous decade hearing how the Evil Black Man™ was going to burn the Constitution and declare himself King of America. Heh, look at us now.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Risking charges of interfering with a police officer, assault on a police officer, etc are pretty serious, especially in some 'hoods where the police are doing stupid shite like this to begin with....a real serous risk. That they did this on camera (their own as well as bystanders) is a bit mind-boggling.
"Interfering with a police officer"? It would have saved a life! I thought it was our duty to stop people doing bad things, regardless of who they are and whether they wear a uniform- if they had prevented an arrest, it would be very different. The event was being recorded- I doubt they would have shot anyone and if they had beaten someone, the store's camera got another view so confiscating the phone wouldn't have prevented this from being made public.

I'm a bit of a Clydesdale- if someone of my size makes a comment, I think it would be less likely for a cop to haul off on me. The right comment could have made the rest of the witnesses act, too. That would have been a good time to open a can of whoopass on the cops and I almost never approve of that.

My biggest question is: Why didn't the other officers stop him?

The three who stood by could have been seen as the good guys, rather than being fired and charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis