ARGH! (Non-reading/word twisting posters!)

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
Yeah, it's about time I vent on this...as it seems we are having a rash of them lately...and not just limited to this board...but I'll leave the rant relative to here.

....Guys, befor any of you start a mini-crusade about something audio related, please RTFS (read the fracking site!)...most of this is covered in the main site. Such as the importance (or relative lack thereof) of cables, and what products have been reviewed, receiver power output, etc etc etc.

The fact that there are full review archives here is it's best un-secret there is, please for the love of all that will smack the hell out of you USE IT! :mad:

And of another note....please keep your head screwed on when making a rant...

Thank you, I am a spazz and I approve of this message...

--Steve

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Agreed. Countless times I have seen people ask "how does this speaker sound" when is it reviewed here! They think this site is just a forum.

Also, use the SEARCH feature in the forums before you ask any BIC questions. :D

SheepStar

hifiman

hifiman

Audioholic
On the up side.....

If this forum wasn't filled with so many people asking silly questions I for one wouldn't have so much to laugh at. I really get a kick out of those seeking the advice of complete strangers in an effort to make a personal subjective decision, especially when the internet is filled with qualified professional reviews of the products in question. And then of course my all time favorite, "What speakers will sound best with this receiver?" Priceless.

M

Mort Corey

Senior Audioholic
hifiman said:
"What speakers will sound best with this receiver?"
I've found that the most musical cables can make the biggest difference.

Mort

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
I've found that if you smear dog **** all over your walls it keeps resonance down!

~Chuck

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
While it can get a little repetetive, I say give the noobs a break. People need to learn somewhere. None of us were born knowing that "high end" cables are a waste of money.

Most people go directly to the forum because they want personal responses and direct answers. The articles and information on this site are excellent but it is a lot to take in and some of it gets very technical. I have read most of the articles/reviews but I didn't do it overnight.

I'm a long time member at PCmech and there are a lot of noobs in the DIY PC world. There is a lot of repetition there but very common topics are stickied. At PCmech, it's all about helping people who want to learn and not getting frustrated with simple "noobish" questions.

I see some hostility towards new members here that I don't see on other forums I follow. Maybe hostility is the wrong word. Toying might be a better fit. Smart *** responses don't help someone that doesn't know better. Those things aren't even tolerated at PCmech.

Just relax and help people learn about this great hobby.

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
Yeah, like I said, just venting some frustration.

..I know that there will be newbies and such...it's nice to get a question for once like "I just read article X, and can comeone explain LCR?"...that would just rock to see a question like that.

and the word twisting is a whole other gripe...I guess there we are just having people getting a little too emotional...all I have to say is this "The internet is a massive drama-fest, (normal person)+anonymity+Audience=(pain in the rump)...just learn to read things thoroughly....in other boards I got flamed for having the same opinion, but oh no I must be wrong, even though we are arguing for the same thing (What the....) :p

The internet is just weird like that.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Word twisting can be extremely annoying. I certainly agree with you there.

However I am guilty, on occasion, of not reading thoroughly. I do most of the time but at times when I am rushed I end up getting embarassed by typing something that is completely off the point, or has already been said several times in a thread, or is a completely wrong answer.

Some people also have terrible grammar too. it da pepol that typ lyk this that relly anoy me. :D Some people type several paragraphs worth without bothering to insert even one period. I don't even try to read those. There aren't so many like that on Audioholics but there are some on PCmech.

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
Sheep, since when does BIC a lighter and Pen manufacturer start making audio products...

:-D I am not that lame LMAO

~Bob

C

claudermilk

Full Audioholic
Hi Ho said:
Some people also have terrible grammar too. it da pepol that typ lyk this that relly anoy me. :D Some people type several paragraphs worth without bothering to insert even one period. I don't even try to read those. There aren't so many like that on Audioholics but there are some on PCmech.
My personal soapbox on 'net fora. That drives me nuts. Usually I just stop reading & move on; if they can't be bothered to construct complete sentences with correct spelling, I can't be bothered to divine what they are asking & answer the question. How about this, we start just giving them a link to http://www.dictionary.com? ;) Yes, it's a real site & I've been using the thesaurus section lately for some research.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis