Are these worth the price for Atmos

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I read that as 445 per pair. IMO, that’s pretty high. I got my RSL c34e’s for 125ea. IMO they’re better than the Klipsch but that’s me. Also, Polk has some for much less than that too. Not saying you can’t spend that money but I think it’d be better spent somewhere else.
Is that per pair? Or two pairs?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Ok. Yeah, I don’t think you need to spend that much. I mean you can for sure, but don’t think it’s necessary. Also, tannoy has a nice coaxial IC speaker that’s gotten lots of love.
Fwiw, I’m a fan of timbre matching, and staying within a brand/line. But my bed layer is JBL studio series and my IC are RSL and I still have a great immersive bubble. I chose the rsl for a number of reasons.
There’s also something to be said for your own personal satisfaction level. Sometimes more than performance is knowing/feeling that you have a cohesive blend of speakers from the same manufacturer.

clamatowas

clamatowas

Junior Audioholic
I've been deeply looking at the RSL c34e trying to find some a direct review where someone puts it up against the CDT-3650-C II as they are similar priced. I cannot find anything that says one is better for movies or music just that the RSL are hard to pass due to the price vs performance. However everything I have is Klipsch, so I've got a choice to make...

The 3800 are for sure expensive, not even sure that 8" would go to work as an Atmos speaker? Also looking at the CDT-3650-C II for $170 per a speaker...
c34e = 70Hz -20Khz, .75" Soft Dome tweeter, x2 4 1/2” woofer. @ $125 per = $500 total
3650 = 63Hz-23KHz, 1” Aluminum tweeter, 6.5" woofer. @ $170 per $680 total (Worth the extra $180?)
3800 = 56-23KHz, 1" titanium dome tweeter, 8" woofer. @ $222 per $888 total. (not worth the extra $388)

D

Doinworqson

Enthusiast
I've been deeply looking at the RSL c34e trying to find some a direct review where someone puts it up against the CDT-3650-C II as they are similar priced. I cannot find anything that says one is better for movies or music just that the RSL are hard to pass due to the price vs performance. However everything I have is Klipsch, so I've got a choice to make...

The 3800 are for sure expensive, not even sure that 8" would go to work as an Atmos speaker? Also looking at the CDT-3650-C II for $170 per a speaker...
c34e = 70Hz -20Khz, .75" Soft Dome tweeter, x2 4 1/2” woofer. @ $125 per = $500 total
3650 = 63Hz-23KHz, 1” Aluminum tweeter, 6.5" woofer. @ $170 per $680 total (Worth the extra $180?)
3800 = 56-23KHz, 1" titanium dome tweeter, 8" woofer. @ $222 per $888 total. (not worth the extra $388)
What was the choice here? Lol I’m looking at options currently.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I prefer bigger metal drivers (aluminum or titanium) for more dynamics, power handling, and durability. So I use 8" metal drivers for all my in-ceiling speakers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis