Are These Finds Good Deals?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I just found a pair on the ol' Canuck-mart listed in "poor" condition for $300. Only one of them works right now.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I just found a pair on the ol' Canuck-mart listed in "poor" condition for $300. Only one of them works right now.

How da hell speaker leads crumble from age lol the drivers look good though and the cabs , probably cooked the crossover in the one .

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well it will have to wait till tomorrow or so. I hit my big toe and nail is half off. Sooking in cold water at the moment. Daggone it. Always something.
My wife is a klutz and is always stubbing her toes. I swear she loses a toenail about once a month...

Walk it off! :p

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja

Sold back in 2018, but the drivers look in great condition. I bet a x-over rebuild got them going again.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Sold back in 2018, but the drivers look in great condition. I bet a x-over rebuild got them going again.
The crossover is mounted on the bottom plate about 10 screws hold it on very easy to get to and is quite large and very easy to replace or take out for repair. Somewhere I have a printed schematic and all the values .

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks guys it was a bloody mess. I ran it on cold water them rubbed antibiotics on it and bandaged it up and put a sock on for over night sleep. Also took some pain killers last night. It still hurts. Gonna run a bath and see if it falls off later on. If it doesn't fall off I'll make an appointment tomorrow.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Those are pretty hard to move around or carry very far by yourself for sure if mine needs moved far I enlist my son . I’ve done it but I didn’t like it lol !
They are heavy suckers and look like my drowned SVS barrel sub. Gives you the feeling it's a top notch product. I'm a JBL fan for years. I guess no need to look at speakers anymore for a while if these work perfectly. Too bad no review on YT. Just sound demos alone you can hear how good the bass is. Mark are they 8 or 6inch woofer on the top glass part?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks guys it was a bloody mess. I ran it on cold water them rubbed antibiotics on it and bandaged it up and put a sock on for over night sleep. Also took some pain killers last night. It still hurts. Gonna run a bath and see if it falls off later on. If it doesn't fall off I'll make an appointment tomorrow.
Oof. That sucks. I was a super smart person and decided to help my 6yo ride her bike in flip flops. Bye bye big toenail. That hurt a lot. Caught it on the tire and it just ripped right up and off (almost, off would have been better).

I've felt your pain.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Oof. That sucks. I was a super smart person and decided to help my 6yo ride her bike in flip flops. Bye bye big toenail. That hurt a lot. Caught it on the tire and it just ripped right up and off (almost, off would have been better).

I've felt your pain.
Yep had on my slippers too. I was walking to the car and walking backand bam on those parking blocks. I wasn't looking and it was dark. Darn Man up AL2 and clean them speakers.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
They are heavy suckers and look like my drowned SVS barrel sub. Gives you the feeling it's a top notch product. I'm a JBL fan for years. I guess no need to look at speakers anymore for a while if these work perfectly. Too bad no review on YT. Just sound demos alone you can hear how good the bass is. Mark are they 8 or 6inch woofer on the top glass part?
Congrats Man. Look forward to hearing your impressions once you are healed up a bit. I never get something good without a little pain. Feel better.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
The 520’s have two 8 inch woofers bolted together in the bottom end of the cab . The crossover is mounted to that plate with the binding post and compaction switch Iam pretty sure there part number is 408 G . The bottom chamber is sealed when the bottom is in place the top part is I believe a double chamber vented out the top .
Most of these drivers are available on eBay for reasonable cost as all these drivers were used in various high end jbl books at one time pretty sure most are 4 ohm too . A lot of guys part the drivers out . I have enough spare drivers to rebuild two of the 520’s if I blow something but Iam telling ya you’d have to really abuse these to burn something out . If these work out for you indeed build your system around these I did and if problems do arise there most parts to be found ya got to dig but there out there .
These are the only speakers I’ve ever herd that just disappeared in a large store showroom. When I bought my second pair about 10 years back I needed a glass top and a switch to get one running and jbl put me in touch with a warehouse in New England some old guy run it I told him what I had and what I needed for the price of one crossover he sent me everything he had for them two complete crossovers two still packaged glass tops and two sets of toe spikes . As these were Danish made everything is metric.
these were primarily for the European market Germany to be exact the 520’s and smaller 420’s made it over here I’ve never seen the 580’s over here but you can find them in Europe but shipping is insane . I apologize for the long and boring response — don’t drop these on that toe bro !

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Top end 5 inch midrange in a sealed cup, then a 61/2 mid bass vented into the cab , and the top a 1 inch pure titanium tweeter the two 8 inch are in the bottom of the cab .

R

rdkusher

Audioholic Intern
i picked up a pair of psb synchrony one b off of ebay for 399 and free shipping.
1620855001042.png
1620855060406.png
1620855082353.png
1620855113792.png

R

rdkusher

Audioholic Intern
Congrats & Enjoy! PSB will never disappoint from what read.
i saw these yesterday while looking around on hifi shark and went ahead and bought them.i knew at that price they wouldn't last long.you can't tell from the thumbnails i attempted to post but outside of some minor cosmetic blemishes they look to be in great condition.i have wanted to try a pair of the sychrony's for years but they are usually fairly expensive even on the used market.they already shipped and i should have them next week so looking forward to that.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
i saw these yesterday while looking around on hifi shark and went ahead and bought them.i knew at that price they wouldn't last long.you can't tell from the thumbnails i attempted to post but outside of some minor cosmetic blemishes they look to be in great condition.i have wanted to try a pair of the sychrony's for years but they are usually fairly expensive even on the used market.they already shipped and i should have them next week so looking forward to that.
See in the end it works out eventually! Looking forward to your pics and thoughts.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
i picked up a pair of psb synchrony one b off of ebay for 399 and free shipping.View attachment 47504View attachment 47505View attachment 47506View attachment 47507
Wow, that's actually a pretty good find! Congrats! There's a pair of 2Bs for sale on my CL out here for almost twice that right now.

*PS, the pics in that ad are little thumbnails too... ha ha.

R

rdkusher

Audioholic Intern
Wow, that's actually a pretty good find! Congrats! There's a pair of 2Bs for sale on my CL out here for almost twice that right now.

*PS, the pics in that ad are little thumbnails too... ha ha.
there is a pair of 2b's on usaaudiomart right now for 800 as well.a pair of the 1's sold recently for around 900 so this was a no risk deal for me.i know i can easily get my money back out of them if for some reason they don't do it for me.i tried to just copy and paste the pictures from the ad and it obviously didn't work out well.i will take some pictures when they get here and post them.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis