Are These Finds Good Deals?

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
So are the binding posts on the bottom? I think I see them in this image.

View attachment 47400

You say 100-120 hz crossover? They spec to 34 hz, tho it doesn't specify if that's -3 dB.
If you look at the breakaway image I put up you’ll see that the bottom chamber is sealed kind of like a sealed sub works but they bolt two together face To face and play out of phase then it’s vented out the chamber out the top under the glass top 360 degrees. They do play deep for music but for movies they sound well muddy with LFE content but crossing them over at 100hz cleans that up completely with decent subs even my 25 year old jbl subs do the trick .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I was going to ask what was in that cabinet. ;) Looks like some nice hardware.
My retirement lol and thank you two carver Tfm-35 x’s one Tfm-25 for my center channel. ART31band eq’s for each main channel. Couple Sony Blu-ray’s Yamaha RX-A 3020 avr and jbl’s everywhere .

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
My retirement lol and thank you two carver Tfm-35 x’s one Tfm-25 for my center channel. ART31band eq’s for each main channel. Couple Sony Blu-ray’s Yamaha RX-A 3020 avr and jbl’s everywhere .
Forgot to read over your sig. DOH! :rolleyes:

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I bet they're ok. IF they're 1-owner, then the kind of person who would buy them is probably the kind of person who would take care of them. Can't wait to hear his opinion!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
:cool: Thanks for kick guys. I'll post some pics later after I clean her up. I'll probably test on my Onkyo receiver that is in my closest. Mark I'll probably PM you later to get them setup right.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
:cool: Thanks for kick guys. I'll post some pics later after I clean her up. I'll probably test on my Onkyo receiver that is in my closest. Mark I'll probably PM you later to get them setup right.
I’ll be around buddy first tip set the switch on the bottom to 0 first and if you can move them out from the wall . I did notice that a couple grill pegs were broke that’s an easy fix pull them out and glue them back as there really not broken. Toe them in too they have a wide soundstage.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Aside from the grille pegs they look in pretty good shape. I'll bet those glass tops aren't easy to find. I'm stoked to see some more pics and how they sound.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Aside from the grille pegs they look in pretty good shape. I'll bet those glass tops aren't easy to find. I'm stoked to see some more pics and how they sound.
Them pegs are an easy fix .... the glass tops Iam going to guess he’d never find one here in the u.s. I got the last two jbl USA had years ago but he could make a template and a glass cutter could easily make them . I am indeed hoping these turn out to his liking too and his thoughts on them .

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well it will have to wait till tomorrow or so. I hit my big toe and nail is half off. Sooking in cold water at the moment. Daggone it. Always something.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Doesn't hurt too much now, but tomorrow I'm sure will be more painful. Thank goodness I wasn't carrying the JBL speakers. Phew.
Those are pretty hard to move around or carry very far by yourself for sure if mine needs moved far I enlist my son . I’ve done it but I didn’t like it lol !

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Came across the receipt for my Paradigm in-walls that I got way back in December 2002, model AMS-300. I was looking at B&W in-walls but they were $1000. I had a friend working at a different hi-fi shop and he sold me the Paradigms for $400. I thought they were a step down. Just looked up the speakers in the Paradigm archive and they retailed for $1,800! We could all use more friends like that! ;)
60Hz - 22kHz +/-2dB they actually spec out very well. I think when we move I'll be taking these with me.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Well it will have to wait till tomorrow or so. I hit my big toe and nail is half off. Sooking in cold water at the moment. Daggone it. Always something.
Ouch! Been there done that. I hope it's better! Just think, the beautiful sound from those speakers you stole :p will help you heal faster!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis