Are These Finds Good Deals?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If I had a big audio room my dream "classic" speaker would be the JBL L300 Summit. For those that have never seen these, that is a 15" woofer! It's the consumer version of one of their studio monitors of the era. These are big, but man, did they ever sound sweet. Hearing these for the first time is what got me started on my hi-fi kick. They can still be found now and then but still pretty expensive.
Nice! One of my next door neighbors had a nice pair of Jubals (L65s) which were pretty nice, too....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
A Table Tuba horn subwoofer! Haw? $185!

View attachment 46971View attachment 46972

If that was a a bigger driver and tuned a little lower I'd be really tempted to buy that sumbish right now! I'm still kinda tempted...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'll bet @ryanosaur has looked into Table Tuba subwoofers already, but just in case...

I know he's been looking around for something nutty like this. I'M interested in something nutty like this!

I have a coffee table right now I could replace with one of those. It's a good sized coffee table. I can imagine what an 18" in a horn loaded cabinet that size could do. Hell, I'll bet you could get below 20 hz from a 12" with some room gain.

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Somewhat over-priced but some good DCM speakers for a nice system

177700182_1648548535533924_6950979506046844829_n.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Those look pretty impressive. What intrigues me are the 4 Bose 901 cabs in the back. Never heard of anyone running 4 before.

Yeah, I'm jealous of your selection.
Here we go, he put up a separate ad for 'em. $3k. I will say they're the cleanest looking 901s I've ever seen. Flip through his pics. The drivers, cabs and grilles all look really clean and new still.

00w0w_kyTSg8j2ee8z_0x20oM_600x450.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Spatial Triode Master speakers for $1650. Open baffle speakers. I've never heard of these ones. I guess the top driver is coaxial.

00V0V_dC2MRXmYc9Tz_0ak07L_600x450.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Now these look kinda interesting and I'll bet pretty rare in good shape. I've never heard of them before but "Carver" rings a bell. I'm not very impressed with the quality of the images but the description is promising. Anyone know anything about these?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Here we go, he put up a separate ad for 'em. $3k. I will say they're the cleanest looking 901s I've ever seen. Flip through his pics. The drivers, cabs and grilles all look really clean and new still.

Ah, no wonder. Purchased new in 2016. Who knew there were still stores in FLA with old stock?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Now these look kinda interesting and I'll bet pretty rare in good shape. I've never heard of them before but "Carver" rings a bell. I'm not very impressed with the quality of the images but the description is promising. Anyone know anything about these?

Carver was known for amplifiers and they made some very nice ones. Never knew they made speakers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Carver

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General

With big carver tube amps they are supposed to sound really good I’ve never herd them but these are in great shape . I’ve read they do require serious ampage. Like the big Lightstar tube amps the TFM series of amps were designed and built to drive the big speakers here . Specially the the Tfm-35 to 55 models they have incredible power on low ohm loads .

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Had a set a few years back, but they got broken one time too many. :) Some info here https://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/290carver/index.html

I bought them along with M500 amps from a buddy of mine who was changing out gear. He had blown the ribbons, and they were actually on the way back from repair by Carver when I bought the set, so I started with new ribbons. The speakers just didn't fit in my living room at the time so became a separate garage system for pool table sessions and my working on bikes....later took them up to a new business for our "lounge" and my friend Mongo turned it up to 11 and fried the ribbons again. Then I damaged the woofs transporting them back to home....gave them away to someone who thought he'd like the project. Nice speakers, altho with all those bass drivers I thought it was a bit light down there but didn't have subs at the time. My buddy gave me a pretty good deal, think I got the speakers and the amps together for what your ad is asking (back in 2000 or so?).....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Darnit if I'm not tempted to take a drive and buy up these cables. There are some nice long rcas in the bunch and I can finally show my face on the Polk forums with my Nordost cables! :p

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Darnit if I'm not tempted to take a drive and buy up these cables. There are some nice long rcas in the bunch and I can finally show my face on the Polk forums with my Nordost cables!

Still kinda overpriced at $20 each (or just another bait $ amount?) :)

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Darnit if I'm not tempted to take a drive and buy up these cables. There are some nice long rcas in the bunch and I can finally show my face on the Polk forums with my Nordost cables! :p

They're worth $20 if it's close by..Edit, my bad.. I thought he was liquidating everything for $20..

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I sent the cable guy a text for some clarification on pricing. If I can get a box of rcas or something for 20 bucks it might be worth it. I have use for those long rcas.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis