Are These Finds Good Deals?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Those look pretty impressive. What intrigues me are the 4 Bose 901 cabs in the back. Never heard of anyone running 4 before.

Yeah, I'm jealous of your selection.
That guy has several ads for various gear. I think it might be a shop or store. I'll bet they're for sale.

PS, oh poop no... that's the guy who's moving. I got him mixed up with another one.

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
All of a sudden it's like I see Energy speakers everywhere! These looked very interesting until I got to the image of the dented midrange dome. Damnit. That just completely ruins the speakers for me. Energy Veritas 2.2i with stands for $30

And some overpriced RC70s for $800.
Yea, I do not like dented speaker drivers, but masking tape can help ... the RC-70 speakers had a retail list of $2000 a pair, but $650 would not be a bad price

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I almost posted this in the rich and famous thread but I think these fall a bit short. Legacy Focus towers for $10k...

View attachment 46880

Some pricey Dynaudio Contour towers too for $4895

View attachment 46881

It sometimes amazes me the stuff I find on Craigslist. It's like a used speaker mecca out here!
At times the pickins are pretty good..

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Now here are a couple of things you don't see every day. How 'bout some humanoid service robots? In the speaker search...

View attachment 46883

Only $13k...
Those robots are spammed all over Craigslist, everywhere. Look at the thousands of keywords at the bottom of the ad. There's almost nothing you can search for that won't have these as a result.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Oh, I hate that.

"3.0 speaker set. $125..."

Me: "Oh boy!" *click*

"...for each speaker"

:oops:
Yeah just sneaky. If I see $0 or $123456 or something I can expect to need to review the body of the post, but I clicked on it pretty quick....didn't really need any more 170s, but if I could get two 170s and a 340 for $125 I'd not mind driving that far (hour and a half each way)....not been in that particular area before either.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

I almost posted this in the rich and famous thread but I think these fall a bit short. Legacy Focus towers for $10k...

View attachment 46880

Some pricey Dynaudio Contour towers too for $4895

View attachment 46881

It sometimes amazes me the stuff I find on Craigslist. It's like a used speaker mecca out here!
I've seen Focus SE's go for around 7k at times. That seller might be a little optimistic.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What do those sound like? Are they any good?
What you play through them? I always considered them relatively neutral, but limited (and I did use them almost exclusively for tv/movies, had a separate audio system for music at the time). I still have them in a box somewheres around here....I used a pair of them for surrounds only in a spare bedroom setup last, but they're definitely at the lowest end of the range of speakers I have in the house. With their sub, they did well enough for the $....and I'm going blank on just what exactly I paid, tho....want to say the 5.1 set was around $300/350 when I got them? But in a small room....

ps S&V measurements https://www.soundandvision.com/content/energy-take-classic-speaker-system-ht-labs-measures

Last edited:
Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

These Ohm I' are only about an hour away...

I have to admit, I'm intrigued by them. I know Ohm has been around a long time (40+ years) and make highly-regarded speakers, and the I's seem to generally sell for over $1000. Look away, look away!!!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

I have to admit, I'm intrigued by them. I know Ohm has been around a long time (40+ years) and make highly-regarded speakers, and the I's seem to generally sell for over $1000. Look away, look away!!!
I've seen a couple of ohm speakers out here, but none in as good a condition as those.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja

I'd be interested in auditioning the Ohm Walsh. Initial reviews were very good and the way they reflect the sound can supposedly yield a very even sound stage from almost anywhere in the room.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

I emailed the seller for more pics o the drivers and cabinets. I think if the drivers are all in good shape I may buy them.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Out of all only bought the last one. For Bass lovers! You know who you are!
IMG_22042021_195423_(2500_x_1406_pixel).jpg
IMG_22042021_195349_(2500_x_1406_pixel).jpg
IMG_22042021_195443_(2500_x_1406_pixel).jpg
IMG_22042021_195519_(2500_x_1406_pixel).jpg
IMG_22042021_195532_(2500_x_1406_pixel).jpg
IMG_22042021_195603_(2500_x_1406_pixel).jpg
IMG_22042021_195653_(6_x_4_inch).jpg

It's a full 1080p and 23 inches. Cleaned her up real good. Used googone and looks prestine. It's looks battered but it's not. It had lots of sticky glue and some tape that came off great. I'll post after pics later on my thread.
IMG_22042021_200111_(2500_x_1406_pixel).jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis