Are These Finds Good Deals?

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
So... I just stumbled across this here RBH RS1010i for $200! It's making my audiophile senses tingle! Is this as good a deal as I suspect it is??

View attachment 43927
View attachment 43928
View attachment 43929

Hmm... I see this is an older discontinued model. I was thinking of the 1212. Still, it's RBH or Emptek? It looks pretty cool tho, and I have a semi near field spot I can put a third sub...
If that sub was near me I'd grab it for my office! lol

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I thought about grabbing those...
Did you? Are you in the Phoenix area? If we've bumped into each other here on the forums I forgot. It's been a while since I posted til the other day.

Speaking of... where's doc (@TLS Guy)? I haven't seen his grumpy ass in the last couple days. Hope everything is okay.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Did you? Are you in the Phoenix area? If we've bumped into each other here on the forums I forgot. It's been a while since I posted til the other day.

Speaking of... where's doc (@TLS Guy)? I haven't seen his grumpy ass in the last couple days. Hope everything is okay.
Yep i'm in north phx. (Sr 51and greenway).. Those and the sierra 2s you (?) Picked up a while back both tempted me...the rbh's were in the east valley?.. Thats a trek for me...i check c/list pretty often, but I'm pretty picky on value.. I have jbl 530s and Dennis Murphy modded emotiva b1s.. The b1s are probably pretty similar to his mini's ...i bought some infinity alpha 10s a long time ago and a pair of ascend cbm 170s a couple years ago...the 170s are still in use as centers...as you probably know there are a lot of overpriced options around here.. Good deals do pop up though...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yep i'm in north phx. (Sr 51and greenway).. Those and the sierra 2s you (?) Picked up a while back both tempted me...the rbh's were in the east valley?.. Thats a trek for me...i check c/list pretty often, but I'm pretty picky on value.. I have jbl 530s and Dennis Murphy modded emotiva b1s.. The b1s are probably pretty similar to his mini's ...i bought some infinity alpha 10s a long time ago and a pair of ascend cbm 170s a couple years ago...the 170s are still in use as centers...as you probably know there are a lot of overpriced options around here.. Good deals do pop up though...
I'm in east Mesa. Just about almost Apache Junction (Signal Butte and the 60).

Yup, the Sierra 2s were me. I paid $650 for those I think. Sounds like a lot but those things retail for $1500 a pair with shipping! They inspired me to get the Sierra towers with the RAALs. I'm using one of the S2s for a center channel right now. Soon as I get my Ultra towers sold I'll be ordering the Sierra Horizon with the RAAL upgrade and move the S2s to surround duty.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Hey LP! Nice to see you over here in AH-land. :) Dunno if I just missed you before, but the mention of your modded Emos rung a bell.
Cheers!
R

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I'm in east Mesa. Just about almost Apache Junction (Signal Butte and the 60).

Yup, the Sierra 2s were me. I paid $650 for those I think. Sounds like a lot but those things retail for $1500 a pair with shipping! They inspired me to get the Sierra towers with the RAALs. I'm using one of the S2s for a center channel right now. Soon as I get my Ultra towers sold I'll be ordering the Sierra Horizon with the RAAL upgrade and move the S2s to surround duty.
I think I'm going to pick up a pair of aa+'s from Dennis, and maybe sell the 530s ( if the price is right to sell).. But imo right now is not a great time to spend much on the hobby.. I get the feeling that c/ list will pop when the pandemic eases up...Edit: i lived in mesa from 95 - 06.. I worked at mesa country club in the locker room..it was interesting.. I met a lot of political big wheels and some celebs like Willie Mays and Greg Maddox...

Last edited:
L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Hey LP! Nice to see you over here in AH-land. :) Dunno if I just missed you before, but the mention of your modded Emos rung a bell.
Cheers!
R
Thanks!! I like the vibe here...nice of you to say hi.. I tell you , the longer i have the mods the more i like them...they are just great in a small room with subs...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think I'm going to pick up a pair of aa+'s from Dennis, and maybe sell the 530s ( if the price is right to sell).. But imo right now is not a great time to spend much on the hobby.. I get the feeling that c/ list will pop when the pandemic eases up...
Those AAs are very nice speakers and I wouldn't be surprised if they outperform the 530s. Not a knock on the 530s by any stretch tho. I've drooled over the 590s many, many times. Like, every time they pop up on sale a couple times a year.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Those AAs are very nice speakers and I wouldn't be surprised if they outperform the 530s. Not a knock on the 530s by any stretch tho. I've drooled over the 590s many, many times. Like, every time they pop up on sale a couple times a year.
I edited my above post .. I lived in mesa from 95-06 and worked at mesa country Club..

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Keeping with the RBH theme I found these too. 61-SE books also for $200. Another nice deal for speakers I don't need!

View attachment 43952

they look like a nice set of RBH speakers that I might really like.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
they look like a nice set of RBH speakers that I might really like.
Hey Zieg! Good to see you man! I see you've helped keep this thread alive in my absence.

They're still available too. I'm very tempted, but I really, really don't need anymore speakers!

Not that it's stopped me before... lol.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I wonder what he'd say if I offer $150 for those..?

*slap* "Stop it Pogre! You don't need more speakers!" :p

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've been eyeballing those as well.. Seems like they might give the 530s a run for the money...
You should contact him and offer 150. Then you'll be preventing me from doing it and spending money buying more speakers I don't need... lol.

I really think they would give your 530s a run too, possibly even outperform them. His ad says they've been sitting and collecting dust so he might just take that to get 'em gone...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It doesn't help his case that his ad is pretty basic with one crappy image of them. I pulled out all the stops for my ad. Even stole a line from gene and hugo's review.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
You should contact him and offer 150. Then you'll be preventing me from doing it and spending money buying more speakers I don't need... lol.

I really think they would give your 530s a run too, possibly even outperform them. His ad says they've been sitting and collecting dust so he might just take that to get 'em gone...
I may..

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
WELL...?

:p

Now these are a pretty nice find! They look fully restored, and properly so. $695 for the pair. If they sound as good as they look I'd say this isn't a bad buy for the right guy. I've never heard these before but know of their reputation and a lot of folks love them.

KEF 104/2 Reference speakers!

00f0f_9w9JrZOB3qgz_0iP0CI_1200x900.jpg
00i0i_dVLhmmLH1gNz_0iP0CI_1200x900.jpg
00k0k_dlgGlWD1ks8z_0ru0t2_1200x900.jpg
00T0T_aWDHnsrh01lz_0iP0CI_1200x900.jpg
00j0j_6JTPZdwi27oz_0iP0CI_1200x900.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis