Are These Finds Good Deals?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay, after a quick search it appears that they're probably worth the hundred bucks but resale on them would be tough as they're not really well known. Folks in the know say they're pretty nice. I guess the cabs are very well built. There's a small discussion in a thread here at Parts Express about the quality of the cabs that makes me wanna run out and buy them, lol. Another thread at Audio karma talking about the vifa tweeter, "fairly sophisticated crossover" and being a bit difficult to drive.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Okay, after a quick search it appears that they're probably worth the hundred bucks but resale on them would be tough as they're not really well known. Folks in the know say they're pretty nice. I guess the cabs are very well built. There's a small discussion in a thread here at Parts Express about the quality of the cabs that makes me wanna run out and buy them, lol. Another thread at Audio karma talking about the vifa tweeter and being a little difficult to drive.
I have owned the bookshelf version, and I still miss them. No need to buy a special amp for them

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have owned the bookshelf version, and I still miss them. No need to buy a special amp for them
Oh really? Sounds like you really liked them. Think you'd make an offer on those towers? They've been in there a couple weeks. Might take $75 for them.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Oh really? Sounds like you really liked them. Think you'd make an offer on those towers? They've been in there a couple weeks. Might take $75 for them.
Nothing wrong with offering $75 .... but still worth that $100

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
Shoot low so you get it at the price you want :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Nothing wrong with offering $75 .... but still worth that $100
I might just do that man. What very little I can find points toward superior build quality and parts. They also look to be in excellent shape. If I get them I think I'll keep them. I gotta get those PhaseTechs finished and sold still too. The Haflers appear to be a better speaker than those tho. Here I go again... lol.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I might just do that man. What very little I can find points toward superior build quality and parts. They also look to be in excellent shape. If I get them I think I'll keep them. I gotta get those PhaseTechs finished and sold still too. The Haflers appear to be a better speaker than those tho. Here I go again... lol.
I would be surprised if you do not like them -- I expect them to beat the Phase Tech

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
These images are from another source, but the ones I'm looking at are s'posed to be in pristine condition. They look really nice!

image_51311.jpg

image_51312.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I just noticed the fading on the cabs in those last pics. The ones I'm considering don't have that and the grills are undamaged.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I just noticed the fading on the cabs in those last pics. The ones I'm considering don't have that and the grills are undamaged.
Hard to know for sure it is faded because there is a change in the angle and, thus, the lighting on it!
I know Cherry will get a deeper red from sun exposure, so if this wood behaves the same way and teh grills were left on most of the time, it may be that the lower part darkened instead of the upper fading (although it probably doesn't really make a difference at the end of the day)

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
If you do not want to buy local, they are listed on Ebay for $275 - $299, and you get to pay for shipping

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
He needs to get them, before you fly out of state to pick them up.:)
Hahahah. It’s not totally out of the question. These California fires have me out of my home at the moment.

Hopefully I return to a non-charred setup with my steal of a receiver Denon AVR3805 :)

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Hahahah. It’s not totally out of the question. These California fires have me out of my home at the moment.

Hopefully I return to a non-charred setup with my steal of a receiver Denon AVR3805 :)
I hope so too -- at least your safe and healthy

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis