Are there any 4k Ultra short throw laser projectors with 3D?

S

Savz

Audiophyte
I am looking to upgrade to a 4k laser projector. I love the lamp life and brightness. I would like one that is 3D capable and can play YouTube 3d content, and Vudu 3D content. Anyone know if any options or there? I've been searching but no luck so far. Any help would be much appreciated.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I'm not a fan of recommending people off these forums, but AVS has a dedicated thread on the matter which is recent and has some useful information...

From the main topic:
AWOL LTV-3500. 3D is forthcoming, but as of yet not tested. Lots of rave "reviews" out there right now, but only from a few pro reviewers, no end-user reports. I currently have this ordered via Indiegogo to lock it in, but have 3 weeks to cancel for a refund.

XGIMI Aura. Supports 3D, but at least one review points out that the color push is completely different in 2D vs. 3D modes, but since there are not separate color profiles/settings for 3D vs. 2D, this is problematic. This initially was going to be the unit I get, until I read about the color issues in 3D.

VAVA. Lower lumen output than other options.

Optoma P2. Doesn't appear to be the most reliable of units.

Epson LS500. Tough to find these days. Don't know much about it.

JMGO U2. At least one review I saw said the 3D playback was glitchy and unusable.

Benq V7050i. At least one review mentions that 3D is darker than 2D modes, and there are more artifacts than expected.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Have you seen any UST projectors you thought were worth it?
I don't do a ton of installations and really don't get hands on with dozens of projectors. Wish I did. As such, my viewing is mostly in the form of reading trusted reviews. With that in mind, I generally ignore - COMPLETELY - audio quality and streaming capability. Instead I focus on image quality. From all accounts, the Fengmi T1 is THE model to beat right now, and the reviews put black levels up there nearing that of the Epson 5050UB, which is high praise in my book. No 3D though.

I think the Optoma P2 is a very reasonable choice for a readily available model with a decent warranty and local coverage.

I am unlikely to get very much going on in the UST market, but the couple of UST models I've seen have looked good, but were not perfectly framed on screen, which is a big deal because properly aligning a UST projector to a screen is MUCH harder than I think people understand. When I walk into a Samsung showroom and their only projector isn't aligned to the screen... it's an issue.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis