Are refurbished Infocus projectors a good deal

B

bencausey

Audiophyte
I'm about to buy a refurbished Infocus screenplay 4805 projector through Ebay, and I wanted advice before I buy - like...are they as good as new, is a 90 day waranty a good deal, is it better to buy a refurb directly from Infocus compared to a private seller, etc. Thanks, Ben

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I'm not sure of the eBay thing, but typically refurb products are excellent values. Expect a brand new lamp ($300.00 value!) and that the projector was tested and working to factory spec before it was sent to you. Then the reality of most A/V equipment is that if it is going to break due to factory defect, it is going to do it within about 30 days.

As long as where you buy it from actually is allowed by InFocus and you do have that 90 day warranty, then I would think that it is worth it if the price is right. Keep in mind that I have seen the refurb 4805 at a big box store (Target?) for $500.00. That's a killer price for someone just looking to get into it. I considered getting it just as a second projector... But, I want to upgrade in the next 1-2 years and need to hang onto my extra $$$ for that upgrade.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
bencausey said:
I'm about to buy a refurbished Infocus screenplay 4805 projector through Ebay, and I wanted advice before I buy - like...are they as good as new, is a 90 day waranty a good deal, is it better to buy a refurb directly from Infocus compared to a private seller, etc. Thanks, Ben

Before you buy a projector, make sure it will have the necessary foot-Lambert light output on your screen. This will of course depend on your screen size, screen gain and the right lumens out when the projector is calibrated to 6500K.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis