Are quality mini shelf system, speakers good?

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
They must be so irrelevant no one even commenting or has any advice lol stuck with these speakers no one wants??
Some of the shelf speakers I’m keeping, probably none in the prior post .
They're essentially disposable to start with. As much as I collect speakers, I avoid these. They were basically a step up from my clock radio. They're a lot better than nothing and fairly priced for what they do. Great starter set for kids. Audiophiles, otoh, would likely not be caught dead admitting slumming with gear like those.

If you listen carefully enough, you can almost hear audiophiles cringe at this post. :D

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
They're essentially disposable to start with. As much as I collect speakers, I avoid these. They were basically a step up from my clock radio. They're a lot better than nothing and fairly priced for what they do. Great starter set for kids. Audiophiles, otoh, would likely not be caught dead admitting slumming with gear like those.

If you listen carefully enough, you can almost hear audiophiles cringe at this post. :D
Guess there’s a reason I’m not running any of them in my main system , I just was wondering if anyone had these type of speakers or used them ? And I was considering using a pair as surrounds in bedroom but that may or may not happen .
There mostly made for bass boost music .

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Guess there’s a reason I’m not running any of them in my main system , I just was wondering if anyone had these type of speakers or used them ? And I was considering using a pair as surrounds in bedroom but that may or may not happen .
There mostly made for bass boost music .
Try them out. The in room response may be more than adequate for whatever, and you already have them. The other part of my shop has them and they don't sound bad. If mine hadn't been eaten by the rats, I would have tried them out again, just to see if I was nuts for ever living with them in the first place.

I was missing loud music when I got mine. They played loudly and the audible distortion was pretty low. They were fun set up on my kitchen table with beers. Held 5 CDs and was a literal blast to listen to.

I made a boom box with pioneer coaxial car speakers/radio/cd player once. I was glad to have it when audio times were lean. Friends still talk about that homemade box and the table top sessions with the cheap stereo.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Try them out. The in room response may be more than adequate for whatever, and you already have them. The other part of my shop has them and they don't sound bad. If mine hadn't been eaten by the rats, I would have tried them out again, just to see if I was nuts for ever living with them in the first place.

I was missing loud music when I got mine. They played loudly and the audible distortion was pretty low. They were fun set up on my kitchen table with beers. Held 5 CDs and was a literal blast to listen to.

I made a boom box with pioneer coaxial car speakers/radio/cd player once. I was glad to have it when audio times were lean. Friends still talk about that homemade box and the table top sessions with the cheap stereo.
A few of them sound just as good as my Klipch bookshelf’s , it’s towers that they can’t compete with. I like the duel woofer sonys and the Phillips Magnavox, or rca.
Duel woofers vs one ?
768BBEC2-E8BB-4977-9F28-193933C52DBE.jpeg

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Yep, do it all the time. Less hassle.
I could donate the ones I don’t like it’s just pointless I buy stuff from goodwill in the past yet donate stuff and they sell it for 100% profit . So you give them free they charge someone for it . I guess it’s less wasteful than the curb although they don’t sell every donations lot is trashed . I wouldn’t donate anything good . You should get store credit for donations .. :D

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
This was my first surround system , pro logic 1 seemed amazing back then .
5808671A-0F54-4CAB-8CE5-EDAC13DE5A8D.jpeg
BA038366-80BD-4B09-B587-7C6ACF6CDECE.jpeg
4FC72EA2-381B-427F-8179-1377A379A2A9.jpeg
CCCD6BA8-D77F-459D-815A-4BD393E057F6.jpeg

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
It's nothing spectacular but I have something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Amplifier-DAMGOO-Technique-Password/dp/B07XG33WPN

If the link doesn't work, search for "Bluetooth Amplifier Board". That seems to bring them up. They'll claim that they make 100 Watts per channel. It's a little class D amp and you need a power supply to run it. Mine sounds fine to me - again, for garage background music.
Very nice :D .
So far this system sounds very good .
32B9A11B-D5E0-4013-8E33-B1E75ACA91A0.jpeg
0C05808A-EE8B-45A9-8558-0A21E0EEC854.jpeg
219A155D-06D0-4C38-9F43-61FD21CD22C4.jpeg

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Success using this system in basement 4 bookshelves and A 6.5” sub .
No pics of insignia receiver yet .
3744810C-14FA-4A82-91F3-952598644FB1.jpeg
233F53FA-66A8-4585-9F07-1AF016E02174.jpeg
597775FE-5E3F-4F2E-8FEF-E9AE795C27A3.jpeg
4270A04C-C278-4B08-A808-8CC763BB713D.jpeg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis