Are polk speakers made in the USA?

I

Inertia

Full Audioholic
Just wondering if polk speakers are made in the USA? I have 2 RTi8's, a CSi5, and 4 R50's.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My guess would be assembled in America, but all of the components and the cabinets are manufactured elsewhere. A reality of today.

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
I think the only things made in the US today are H-Bombs.:rolleyes:

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Looked at my RT7s, but couldn't see where they were made.

C

cfrizz

Senior Audioholic
All Polk speakers are designed & tested at Polk HQ Baltimore, MD. Once Matt Polk signs off on them, the specs are sent over to China I believe, and the speakers are built there according to the specs.

They send people over to check up on them from time to time.

I know all of this since I had a tour of their HQ back in Oct. It was a great time!:)

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
All Polk speakers are designed & tested at Polk HQ Baltimore, MD. Once Matt Polk signs off on them, the specs are sent over to China I believe, and the speakers are built there according to the specs.

They send people over to check up on them from time to time.

I know all of this since I had a tour of their HQ back in Oct. It was a great time!:)
In other words, no. They are made in China like everything else. I wouldn't be surprised to see us importing Chinese H bombs before long.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
In other words, no. They are made in China like everything else. I wouldn't be surprised to see us importing Chinese H bombs before long.
As long as they don't contain lead paint. I'm fine with that. :rolleyes:

(that.. that... that's a joke, son)

C

cfrizz

Senior Audioholic
Yeah it sucks that all big businesses don't want to pay for the high cost of doing business in their own country what with having to pay us salaries, health care, retirement benefits etc.

I don't have a solution for the outsourcing of American jobs to cheap third world countries. I wish I did. Do you?

T

TVJon

Audioholic
Yeah it sucks that all big businesses don't want to pay for the high cost of doing business in their own country what with having to pay us salaries, health care, retirement benefits etc.

I don't have a solution for the outsourcing of American jobs to cheap third world countries. I wish I did. Do you?
Nope. If it "sucks," it's our fault too. For better or worse, we're fueling that fire by demanding the lowest possible prices. In our global economy there may come a day when the cost of labor equalizes and "floats all boats." But not in my lifetime.

TVJon

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Polk Audio - Made in China. Nothing wrong with that. We owe them tons of money.

MB Quart QLS - Handmade in Germany.:D Germans may not build the most reliable products, but they engineer the best.

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
It's tough to build in volume here in the states and remain competitive. I wish that wasn't true, but that's the model.

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
I hope not, but we'd better check 'em for melamine first.;)

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja

Absolutely. What we need to do as a nation is to put a stiff tariff on imported manufactured products (not raw materials.) That would go a long way to reducing the cost difference between domestic and imported manufacture. It could also reduce or eliminate the income tax. With higher priced imports and more spending power in the hands of consumers, things would likely tilt in the other direction. The big loser would be the government but they need to be a big loser.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis