Are Pioneer sx-302 and Elta LS-200 good match?

M

monique90

Audiophyte
Yesturday i brought Pioneer sx-302 and Elta LS-200, i tested it today and the quality of sound is great, no problems at all except a little bit of heat on top of the receiver, so i started digging about it and i found out that receiver is actually 8 Ohm and on speakers it says they are 4,-,8 Ohm .... so i wonder maybe that is the reason for heating??? is there any danger running those speakers with this receiver ???

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
A little heat would be normal, and keeping it ventilated should work well enough (or you could add an external fan). I couldn't find anything on your speakers and almost nothing about the receiver. Many speakers nominally rated at 8 ohms can dip to 4 ohms, and even if the receiver is only rated for 8 ohms it can likely work just fine, altho at higher volume levels it could have issues.

M

monique90

Audiophyte
im just afraid that i dont burn it because i paired it with wrong speakers :D, and yes im only using A speakers.

M

monique90

Audiophyte
what should i cool down with a fan? im a computer rat i make custom mods for pc cases with custom cooling systems , but i dont know what should i cool down with fan. Can u plz tell me on this picture what should be cooled down? heatsink or transformator looking thingy?
Capture.JPG

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
what should i cool down with a fan? im a computer rat i make custom mods for pc cases with custom cooling systems , but i dont know what should i cool down with fan. Can u plz tell me on this picture what should be cooled down? heatsink or transformator looking thingy? View attachment 38758
Look at av fans for on top of the case to draw air out...like Infinity Aircom or coolerguys.com offerings....but what temp is it?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis