Are cracking ear pads worth replacing ??

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I’m using akg 240 are cracks a big deal??

the cord may need replacing someday but until it seems to stop working I don’t think I will, any suggestions cord seem to have lost lost it’s luster elasticity.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Replace when you feel like it, or as long as it is not a discomfort to the ears. My AKG was made in Austria and is about 8+ years old, but is not used a whole lot. Ear pads are still comfortable and not any cracking.

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Replace when you feel like it, or as long as it is not a discomfort to the ears. My AKG was made in Austria and is about 8+ years old, but is not used a whole lot. Ear pads are still comfortable and not any cracking.
Ahh I see I tried petroleum jelly but it didn’t help, maybe I’ll try these if my headphone cracks Start to bother me .
Help me decide on this product: K240 Ear Pads defean Replacement Ear Cushion Earpads Pillow Cover Compatible with AKG K240 K550 K551 K553 K241 K241 K272 Headset,Softer Leather ,High-Density Noise Cancelling Foam, Added Thickness https://a.co/d/9osdyC6

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Those cracks are not going to have any impact on how they sound. It is more a matter of visual appeal and comfort. If the look bothers you or you can feel the cracks on your skin, then consider getting replacements from Amazon. That's what I did for my daughter's Senheisers. She said they were a little difficult to remove but she managed to replace them herself all the same. I ordered a new chord at the same time to save on shipping as she wears them daily at work and I knew it was only a matter of time before the chord would wear out.

So it's a personal choice. My daughter had her headphone pads covered in duct tape to hold them together and after a while it almost became a badge of honour. :D They would probably still be taped together if I hadn't sent her replacements.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Those cracks are not going to have any impact on how they sound. It is more a matter of visual appeal and comfort. If the look bothers you or you can feel the cracks on your skin, then consider getting replacements from Amazon. That's what I did for my daughter's Senheisers. She said they were a little difficult to remove but she managed to replace them herself all the same. I ordered a new chord at the same time to save on shipping as she wears them daily at work and I knew it was only a matter of time before the chord would wear out.

So it's a personal choice. My daughter had her headphone pads covered in duct tape to hold them together and after a while it almost became a badge of honour. :D They would probably still be taped together if I hadn't sent her replacements.
Funny I haven’t really thought of trying duct tape , that could hold the replacement off another year or so probably.. my Senheisers the frame of the headphones make a lot of popping noises and stuff , so I prefer my akg which are silent frames no noises .the cable still works but is on its last leg all integrity lost.

donovapreuss

donovapreuss

Audiophyte
It is better to replace the ear pads so that there are no accidental scratches and discomfort on the ears later, I try to change them immediately on my sennheiser. But this is a personal matter for everyone

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
It is better to replace the ear pads so that there are no accidental scratches and discomfort on the ears later, I try to change them immediately on my sennheiser. But this is a personal matter for everyone
ahh I might it sounds kinda hard though.
If only I could find a decent lightning to 3.5mm adapter, I bought two they already broke and I can’t return them .

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis