Are BIC center speakers that good?

T

tbrow

Audiophyte
I keep reading how good the bic DV62CLRs is. How does the HT-65 compare? does anyone else use the HT-65? I have a pair of Klipsch SF2 floor speakers, but I would really like to find a good center speaker. Can anyone suggest a good center speaker in the $200-400 range?

thanks.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Stay with Klipsch. It's important for your center to match the main speakers.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
NomoSony said:
Stay with Klipsch. It's important for your center to match the main speakers.
I agree with NomoSony! I would also stay with the same model line as the mains.

C

Camisano

Enthusiast
I also agree... you want to stay Timre matched and the matching center channel would be the Klipsch SC-1. Now this line is dicontinued as Klipsch has just redesigned it's synergy series, you might have to hunt around on ebay or check your local BB retail store, They are an aurthorized dealer of Klipsch and they might have stock left over.

I have had my Klipsch system for some time now and really enjoy listening to them. Good luck finding the center channel.

Chris

W

woodman

Enthusiast
tbrow said:
I keep reading how good the bic DV62CLRs is. How does the HT-65 compare? does anyone else use the HT-65? I have a pair of Klipsch SF2 floor speakers, but I would really like to find a good center speaker. Can anyone suggest a good center speaker in the $200-400 range?

thanks.
When you say "how does the HT-65 compare" - are you referring to the center channel unit from Acoustech, the new division from BIC America? Well, the entire BIC line of speakers is one of the "best kept secrets" in the audio world, IMO. The new Acoustech line represents another line of products that appears to be destined to join the rest of the BIC family as a "best kept secret" as well.

To directly answer your question: yes, the DV62CLR is an outstanding center channel speaker - far better than it's given any credit for being. Having said that however, I think that the HT-65 would make a much better match with a pair of Klipsch SF-2s. Your only problem? Finding where you can buy one ... the distribution of this fine line of speakers has been extremely limited in scopt - at least so far.

Hope this helps you

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis