Are Auralex LENRD Bass Traps any good?

A

Andy Verdy

Enthusiast
Quick question if Autalexbass traps better than nothing?

I'm having conversation with GIK but the lead time is one one month+, so I just want to consider some temporally solution.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Auralex products are a quality item. But just my thoughts are why not just wait a month instead of spending a few hundred dollars

A

Andy Verdy

Enthusiast
Auralex products are a quality item. But just my thoughts are why not just wait a month instead of spending a few hundred dollars
because of the human nature )
One mo. is a min., more likely 2 because of the customization

I want to use at least something and when the real stuff will arrive, I move them to another room. That’s the plan

A

Andy Verdy

Enthusiast
A

Andy Verdy

Enthusiast
Ok, I bought them
And just got GIK ETA., shipping date Feb. 25th, that's painful )

IMG_3523.jpg

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I hope you bought those bass traps based on measurements that indicated there was room for improvement in that frequency band instead of just buying them assuming they would improve the sound somehow.

A

Andy Verdy

Enthusiast
Honestly speaking, I bought them kind of blindly. I mean, I saw Arulexe's measurements, but not sure I can trust them; anyway, I have "before," charts so I will be able to compare. If not, I can return them and calmly wait for two mo. GIK panels and traps
You know I jut need something to do during the holidays )

A

Andy Verdy

Enthusiast
Anyway, I pretty much changed the whole setup, and now I need to remeasure everything that I have I useless. New mains, new sub, so....
That's what I'm going to do for the next couple of days.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis