Are all HDMI cable created equal?

A

AAD

Audioholic Intern
I am looking for an HDMI cable to connect my Samsung upconverting DVD player to my Panny PT-AE900U projector. My run is about 14' - 15 '. Is there a difference between cables? I am looking at Bleu Jean Cables, DVIgear, and a Dayton signature cable from Parts Express. Pricing ranges from about $45 from Blue Jeans to $99 from DVIgear. Is any one better than the other?

Thanks,
Rob

~JC~

~JC~

Audioholic
Cobalt makes a very nice HDMI. Up to a point, I think you get what you pay for.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
AAD said:
I am looking for an HDMI cable to connect my Samsung upconverting DVD player to my Panny PT-AE900U projector. My run is about 14' - 15 '. Is there a difference between cables? I am looking at Bleu Jean Cables, DVIgear, and a Dayton signature cable from Parts Express. Pricing ranges from about $45 from Blue Jeans to $99 from DVIgear. Is any one better than the other?

Thanks,
Rob
I would go with BlueJeans because I know they work over long distances and provide a money back guarantee.

Not to mention a little information on their technology and why they build cables the way they do.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
AAD said:

Thanks,
Rob

If you are sure that the 15ft is all you need, that is not a very long cable, even for HDMI. But, some cables uses 25ga, I believe Blue Jeans do as I asked them, among others. Some use 28 ga and some 22ga, for longer distances. Perhaps you should chance that $20 something mentioned here:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Khellandros66 said:
Check out RAMElectronics, great prices too.

~Bob
Agreed. Ramelectronics is an awesome cable vendor. Just like Bluejeans, but they have a better selection. NO snake oil either!

website www.ramelectronics.net

SheepStar

Last edited:
F

firefighterchri

Audioholic Intern
Blue jean cable doesn't make their own HDMI and DVI cables. This is why you can't order a custom length. They buy these cables from another company but I can't remember who. The reason I know this is because I bought a component, HDMI, and DVI cable from them not to long ago. I didn't like the HDMI or DVI cable at all. Now the component cable I got is just awesome, has belden cable with Canare connectors.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis