Hattrick17

Hattrick17

Junior Audioholic
While not as touted as the 205 dacs, they are quite sufficient in the 203 and many avrs, too. I've never used an Arcam but likely wouldn't sound any better to me than my Denons or Onkyo or maybe even my old cheap Sony. The whole package/feature set is what might make a difference, not a particular chip used or looking for a particular "sound", especially if based on most youtubers' "reviews" (unless they include bench tests I don't even bother).
I think the key difference is the output engineering from the processor to the preamp side of the Arcam or any AVR. combined with a great power amp integration does make a difference not the chip it self.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think the key difference is the output engineering from the processor to the preamp side of the Arcam or any AVR. combined with a great power amp integration does make a difference not the chip it self.
Most have good engineering, tho, so that's not usually an issue either. What makes for "great power amp integration"?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
In terms of gain matching, yes. The chip itself is most important. No competent designer would use a great chip and implement it poorly. If they choose an average chip, they likely won't spend a ton of effort in its implementation.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis