3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Now that I have an AVR with ARC, if I connect HDMI ARC from AVR to HSMI ARC of the display, will I get 5.1 channels fed back to the AVR if I:m streaming from Amazon Prime via the display and the show is in 5.1?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Assuming your tv is ARC enabled you will get back the audio your tv can provide, sometimes that's 5.1 sometimes only 2.0, altho seems to be less of an issue with newer units vs older. If the app indicates capability of 5.1 hopefully the tv manufacturer can pass that out via ARC. Were you getting multich via optical previously?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Assuming your tv is ARC enabled you will get back the audio your tv can provide, sometimes that's 5.1 sometimes only 2.0, altho seems to be less of an issue with newer units vs older. If the app indicates capability of 5.1 hopefully the tv manufacturer can pass that out via ARC. Were you getting multich via optical previously?
Exactly. :) Although thin, its one less cable to keep clean and one less input used on the AVR.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Exactly. :) Although thin, its one less cable to keep clean and one less input used on the AVR.
Plus the slight advantage that you can get Atmos metadata for DD+ over ARC vs optical if the app provides such.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis