ARC appears to be in trouble..........

maximoore

maximoore

Audiophyte
All of that is true. So speakers really are the make or break item in a system. As Shady pointed out in his latest BMR review, and I have maintained for years, that the better the speakers, the more room agnostic they are. Good speakers are highly room agnostic and you don't have to plaster odd panels all over the place. You don't see any of those in my rooms. Not only that I don't use any "room" Eq software. I have no need of Audyssey Dirac or any of them.
I absolutely agree, until now I had some old speakers (I don't remember what they were called) now I got audison, they seem much better, in the same room they sound much better.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
All of that is true. So speakers really are the make or break item in a system. As Shady pointed out in his latest BMR review, and I have maintained for years, that the better the speakers, the more room agnostic they are. Good speakers are highly room agnostic and you don't have to plaster odd panels all over the place. You don't see any of those in my rooms. Not only that I don't use any "room" Eq software. I have no need of Audyssey Dirac or any of them.
I have heard and installed speakers that were definitely better than the rest of the electronics in many rooms and the better the speakers, the less the other stuff mattered, as long as the amplifier could power them well. I don't test amplifiers- if I don't think it will handle the low Z of some speakers, I'll find something that will be easier for the amp but with the caveat that better speakers may have dips that an older, less capable amplifier might like. I'm also happy that I took a college-level acoustics class because it gives me a lot more info to work with when it comes to entering a room for the first time, learning how the homeowner wants to use a system and whether the acoustics will allow it to happen without a fight. Most of the local shops/integrators don't bother trying to move to a speaker that's better-suited to the space and I was talking with the regional manager of a major speaker company about the system someone sold, that was installed in a nearby state. Terrible sound, the homeowner isn't happy and the tiny room has four subwoofers with speakers that are just overkill. I won't name names, but if the salesperson worked for me, we would be having a fairly long conversation about this one- that equipment never should have left the store as a package for the room in question.

As much as we like to say that tubes are old tech and should be abandoned, the system in the store I mentioned that sells Audio Research, Focal and other stuff I hate sounded really good, but I wasn't going to switch things around in order to hear the difference.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

It's good to see him say that the group aren't vulture capitalists.
So, the current business model has left a raft of debt. Now this bloke Valeria Cora, who looks like the poster boy for obstructive sleep apnea, is going to continue the same business model with no changes. If I were a supplier I would want cash before delivery. So continuing the same plan is a sign of insanity and will lead to the same result. If ARC is going to survive then they need new product lines, and profitable ones!

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Now this bloke Valeria Cora, who looks like the poster boy for obstructive sleep apnea, is going to continue the same business model with no changes.
Valerio Cora of Acora Acoustics Corp. has indeed bought ARC, and plans to run the two businesses as separate entities. Apparently Cora has a relatively larger IT company that can provide some financial cushion to ARC. That doesn’t shed much light on resolving debt issues,

If ARC is going to survive then they need new product lines, and profitable ones!
New product lines are questionable, considering the old designs are based on using Russian valves. With that amount of dept. product lines will need to be on a lower price scale, Also product manufacturers, who are not only carrying dept from the former ARC, will be very reluctant in supply new products. No doubt the Bankruptcy liquidators, will have a lot to say about who gets what and how much. Bankruptcy works in a very unfair way when it comes to investors, Firstly Bankruptcy fees are paid , then comes unpaid Tax's, followed by major investors [ banks ] and product suppliers, together with any unpaid property rents or unpaid lease agreements and if there's anything left. Mum and Dad share holders might get 10 cents in the dollar .

When it comes to bankruptcy no one wins. Been there, Done that.

highfigh

highfigh

So, the current business model has left a raft of debt. Now this bloke Valeria Cora, who looks like the poster boy for obstructive sleep apnea, is going to continue the same business model with no changes. If I were a supplier I would want cash before delivery. So continuing the same plan is a sign of insanity and will lead to the same result. If ARC is going to survive then they need new product lines, and profitable ones!
I'm sure the judge would want an audit, to see where the hemorrhaging is happening, but if this guy and his group have enough cash to buy AR and float it, who knows? I'm not sure the products will be unchanged for long, could just be him saying what the people and the judge want to hear.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
I'm sure the judge would want an audit,
In most of these high valued bankruptcy cases the liquidators have the final word on who gets what, when and how much. It's not unknown for the liquidators, to employ a forensic accountant to prepare an itemised balance sheet of the dept's. For, who is owned want, and how much.

To demonstrate some of the problems theres a mile of information on other forums both private and public on just what's going on. One example is the case of the lease of there property. Which in plain terms is worth 40 thousand a month

I quote,, ARC signed a 10-yr lease in '18 with five years remaining. Its not a sub lease which tells me they are in default and the landlord is taking back the space and marketing it for lease as a direct deal.

highfigh

highfigh

In most of these high valued bankruptcy cases the liquidators have the final word on who gets what, when and how much. It's not unknown for the liquidators, to employ a forensic accountant to prepare an itemised balance sheet of the dept's. For, who is owned want, and how much.

To demonstrate some of the problems theres a mile of information on other forums both private and public on just what's going on. One example is the case of the lease of there property. Which in plain terms is worth 40 thousand a month

I quote,, ARC signed a 10-yr lease in '18 with five years remaining. Its not a sub lease which tells me they are in default and the landlord is taking back the space and marketing it for lease as a direct deal.
This is hardly 'high value bankruptcy'.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Did you build your listening room, I mean total construction.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Did you build your listening room, I mean total construction.
Yes. I made a thread about it. That was the second room. The first was during the 2005 remodel of our home on Benedict Lake. We sold that home in May of 2019, and built the new room during 2019 during new construction of our home in Eagan. That home has three systems built in it. The AV room, the great room and he family room. The new AV room.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Yes. I made a thread about it. That was the second room. The first was during the 2005 remodel of our home on Benedict Lake. We sold that home in May of 2019, and built the new room during 2019 during new construction of our home in Eagan. That home has three systems built in it. The AV room, the great room and he family room. The new AV room.
Hey thanks for the short cut to the thread.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
I wasn't even suggesting the use of panels etc. It is just a fact that the room acoustics are an important factor in sound delivery. It is good to have plenty of room behind the listener and any walls or behind the speakers and any walls for instance. Furnishings can make a room on the dead side or the live side. I think those are the kinds of things to think about. Sometimes there isn't anything one can do about it but it is a factor.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
This is hardly 'high value bankruptcy'.
Bankruptcy doesn't have to be high value dept, I had a bankruptcy case brought against me many years ago, by an X who wanted her share of a house. Only problem was I didn't own the home and only had a small share in the property. So I simply ignored the bankruptcy and carried on as normal. My X ran up a massive legal bill , and the bankruptcy trustee's went after her for there fee's. Ho-Hum

But in this case the acclimated dept. is something like 2.6 million dollars. And if that's not high value I don't know what is. The case goes before the Courts tomorrow on the 21 of the month. for judgement.

highfigh

highfigh

Bankruptcy doesn't have to be high value dept, I had a bankruptcy case brought against me many years ago, by an X who wanted her share of a house. Only problem was I didn't own the home and only had a small share in the property. So I simply ignored the bankruptcy and carried on as normal. My X ran up a massive legal bill , and the bankruptcy trustee's went after her for there fee's. Ho-Hum

But in this case the acclimated dept. is something like 2.6 million dollars. And if that's not high value I don't know what is. The case goes before the Courts tomorrow on the 21 of the month. for judgement.
I responded to the first sentence in the post by mono-bloc. This is a company- individuals who are filing personally often owe more than that.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
This is a company- individuals who are filing personally often owe more than that.
I've got no ide how you arrive at that conclusion, No matter.

To days the day, they face a bankruptcy judgement, and it's outcome of any new owners While Cora have submitted a bid / claim, it's not set in stone that it will be excepted, As there bid is way below what's owed,

highfigh

highfigh

I've got no ide how you arrive at that conclusion, No matter.

To days the day, they face a bankruptcy judgement, and it's outcome of any new owners While Cora have submitted a bid / claim, it's not set in stone that it will be excepted, As there bid is way below what's owed,
$2 million is pocket change for people with a lot of money, these days.The NBA has several players making more than $45 Million, for one year. A lot of people are playing with Monopoly money because they made a killing in stocks and real estate, some inherited it. It's a lot, to many people but to others, it's not. In the world of mergers & acquisitions, $2+ million is a pittance.

maximoore

maximoore

Audiophyte
$2 million is pocket change for people with a lot of money, these days.The NBA has several players making more than $45 Million, for one year. A lot of people are playing with Monopoly money because they made a killing in stocks and real estate, some inherited it. It's a lot, to many people but to others, it's not. In the world of mergers & acquisitions, $2+ million is a pittance.
Agreed, but this is since money exists o_O
This is the reality.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis