N

nikwax10

Audiophyte
AppleTV 4K-> Marantz NR1607-> Vizio E70-E3, Monoprice 8K HDMI cables. HDR 10 and 4:2:2 chroma were all working. I performed a reset on the display, now I cannot get HDR to work unless I connect the ATV directly to the display. I’ve gone over the Marantz support docs for this, I have extra cables and have swapped them around, no change. One clue is that the ATV HDMI cable test passes, but when I turn on HDR, the display goes blank and the ATV doesn’t recover, the display remains blank and the ATV has to be power cycled to recover, wondering if that is indicative of a sync issue.
Is there a distance limitation with HDMI and high speed signals? Bad cables? Something else to look at?

C

Chris in Dallas

Junior Audioholic
AppleTV 4K-> Marantz NR1607-> Vizio E70-E3, Monoprice 8K HDMI cables. HDR 10 and 4:2:2 chroma were all working. I performed a reset on the display, now I cannot get HDR to work unless I connect the ATV directly to the display. I’ve gone over the Marantz support docs for this, I have extra cables and have swapped them around, no change. One clue is that the ATV HDMI cable test passes, but when I turn on HDR, the display goes blank and the ATV doesn’t recover, the display remains blank and the ATV has to be power cycled to recover, wondering if that is indicative of a sync issue.
Is there a distance limitation with HDMI and high speed signals? Bad cables? Something else to look at?
You mentioned a reset of the display. My Samsung tv has a menu option that I need to enable uhd for each hdmi input. I wonder if the Visio also has some option of this sort.

N

nikwax10

Audiophyte
You mentioned a reset of the display. My Samsung tv has a menu option that I need to enable uhd for each hdmi input. I wonder if the Visio also has some option of this sort.
Thanks for replying. There are no options for the HDMI inputs on the Vizio.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Did you check if there is a firmware update? Some factory resets revert back to the orginal firmware and there maybe something in there.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Sounds like the classic HDMI handshake issue. I have the same TV and a similar AVR, but haven't had this issue.

I'd actually try a different input on the receiver for the ATV. One you haven't used yet so there are no residual settings.

I don't have an ATV so I wouldn't know what settings to have you check, but you may have to factory reset the ATV.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis