Apple's Steve Jobs: I'm Not Dead.

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
With all of the talk that emerged last year about the health of Steve Jobs (the iconic and dynamic figurehead/CEO of Apple Computer, in case you were living under a rock or just beamed here from the planet Quigzmar) - it's no wonder his absence from this year's MacWorld Expo sparked a fresh round of speculation is circling the nets. Steve Jobs missing a MacWorld Expo? That's like Santa Claus skipping Christmas. Well, this week Steve emerged to inform his adoring fans that he's not dead yet.

Discuss "Apple's Steve Jobs: I'm Not Dead." here. Read the article.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
The real issue is whether anyone really cares about Steve Jobs or not... I for one don't.

Alissa

Alissa

Enthusiast
Funny, i've often been accused of having a hormonal imbalance, but the weight loss part never seems to follow...:rolleyes:

Although everyone seems to think Apple is Steve Jobs, i'm sure if the iconic figurehead were to step down or distance himself (not necessarily die, of course) the media-savvy company would find a great way to spin a new CEO into the best thing since the iPod Click Wheel.

Like they say, all press is good press.

Funny, i've often been accused of having a hormonal imbalance, but the weight loss part never seems to follow.
Says the not-fat chick! I've seen you, don't act like you're overweight! lol

I think the media might have more "fun" (initially) doing the opposite... predicting doom and gloom... to which Apple will just hire some big gun and prove everyone wrong. One of my points is there is no hint of transition, so if he does have problems (or becomes living-impaired) then they will have to scramble - at least as far as the public knows. The fact that they aren't scrambling either means Jobs isn't that sick, or that he's incredibly narcissistic. Wait, that second part doesn't require an "or" statement does it?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
nice new avatar Clint.

as much as many people hate apple. i for one admire how good of a businessman he is and how good they design their products (good as in, everybody wants one). but i hate him for being successful :D

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
I've never liked Apple products, I like free and open to closed and proprietary. But I respect Apple and Jobs and gotta hand it to them that their products are slick, if you have the extra money and don't care about doing more stuff... it's all good.

But that's not the point. Jobs is an iconic figure of the 20th century (and beyond) and will go down in history as one of the creators of our computer/technology age.

It's Jobs and Gate's faces that will be etched into the obelisk when they finally find it on the moon.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
With all of the talk that emerged last year about the health of Steve Jobs (the iconic and dynamic figurehead/CEO of Apple Computer, in case you were living under a rock or just beamed here from the planet Quigzmar) - it's no wonder his absence from this year's MacWorld Expo sparked a fresh round of speculation is circling the nets. Steve Jobs missing a MacWorld Expo? That's like Santa Claus skipping Christmas. Well, this week Steve emerged to inform his adoring fans that he's not dead yet.

Discuss "Apple's Steve Jobs: I'm Not Dead." here. Read the article.
He might not be dead yet, but pancreatic cancer is real bad and comes back years later in other parts of the body, so the speculation isn't all that idle.

I'd have to agree with giving Steve props. What gets me is that the company doesn't seem to be prepping a replacement anytime soon. If he's fine then that's just egg on everyones face. But if something happens unexpectedly then the company seems like it will flounder a bit. I just don't buy that he has some kind of hormone imbalance... but I am not a doctor, nor do I have any first, second, or third-hand (real) knowledge, so what do I know?

Alissa

Alissa

Enthusiast
Says the not-fat chick! I've seen you, don't act like you're overweight! lol

I think the media might have more "fun" (initially) doing the opposite... predicting doom and gloom... to which Apple will just hire some big gun and prove everyone wrong. One of my points is there is no hint of transition, so if he does have problems (or becomes living-impaired) then they will have to scramble - at least as far as the public knows. The fact that they aren't scrambling either means Jobs isn't that sick, or that he's incredibly narcissistic. Wait, that second part doesn't require an "or" statement does it?

Haha, sorry, just my lame yet unfortunately irrepressible sense of humour. :p

Seems like the media always has fun predicting gloom. If someone isn't on the verge of death, divorce or drug addiction, it's not news! Which is pretty sad.
Poor Steve Jobs, it probably doesn't feel great to have people speculating on your imminent death, especially if you might actually be facing that.

Who's the second in command at Apple, does anyone know? They must have a Vice-CEO or something kept under wraps. I wonder if he's a chomping-at-the-bit kind of guy, or if he would be terrified to take over in time of crisis?

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
That also reminds me of Monty Python's "Bring Out Your Dead" scene from - was it Life Of Brian? --- "I'm not quite dead yet... I'm feeling much better now" ... :D

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
love the whole page of making fun of someone's health then putting 'of course we're not making light of anyone's health'..

A

abjonesiii

Audioholic
I personally like Jobs and love the products he has brought us. I've owned at least a dozen PCs, on my desk at work is a Toshiba and a Gateway laptop running on 28" Dell monitors so i do use windows extensively and can honestly say I hate them. But gotta make the best out of what the company gives me. My MacBook, PowerBook, and Imac at home blow away any PC I've ever used. The form and functionality can't be beat. My Powerbook from 1999 is still as crisp and fast today as when i first bought it, incidentally none of my Mac's have ever crashed, frozen, or not worked perfectly not even once with absolutely no maintenance.

And please lets debunk the thought of "you can't do anything on a Mac" 15 years ago maybe, but today this myth is propagated by those to stupid to use a mac still clutching to the familiar Windows because anything different that requires a bit of relearning has got to be ignorant.

Gates and Windows to deserve props though for strategic placement and quickly gaining market share. But this is not surprising because as any audioholic can tell you that in the rise of technology the vastly superior product is never the one that seems to "win" and be largely adopted.

Apple without Jobs at the helm? I'm sure they'll be fine. Surely there are enough like minded folks running around Mac HQ that they can continue the legacy.

* as a side note its the introduction of all the third party crap that pokes most of the wholes in Windows.
Closed proprietary = quality control :)

Not to insinuate in anyway the Microsoft and Windows are evil or total junk. They do a lot and many love them but they're just not the best of whats around. I do however love my Xbox 360, thanks Bill!

phlakvest

phlakvest

Audioholic
That also reminds me of Monty Python's "Bring Out Your Dead" scene from - was it Life Of Brian? --- "I'm not quite dead yet... I'm feeling much better now" ... :D
Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

I like how all the articles about the mac show mention their new (remake of an old) 17" macbook in a footnote.

Almost every article I have read is "Steve Job's blah blah blah... oh and there' s a new 17" macbook"

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis