S

SJM

Enthusiast
Does anyone's Apple TV actually auto-update? I have mine set to auto-update and beta and it seems neither happens. The only reason I check it is because of the (3 sec) audio delay that had been occurring.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Can't say mine has ever done it when set to auto and beta. When things seem strange with it, I check for updates and many times one has been available for download.

rsharp

rsharp

Audioholic
I have mine set to auto, but I don't think it works very well. Apps as well have to be manually updated.

When you mention "3 second audio delay", I am hoping they fix that. A workaround though is to go into Audio settings turning off "Auto". When doing this, you can select "Dolby Digital 5.1". Now, audio will play back immediately along with the video when resuming playback.

rsharp

rsharp

Audioholic
I have since filed a bug with Apple. Feedback: FB11873835

Having said that, I'm not 100% sure this may be an Apple bug. I do wonder if this may be an issue with my current receiver (Pioneer SC-91). Unfortunately, our display isn't a TV (Pioneer PRO-141 FD Kuro) and lacks speakers. So I cannot connect our AppleTV to it directly to see if audio would play immediately as does the video.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
To set up automatic updates for apps on your Apple TV, go to Settings > Apps. Then select Automatically Update Apps to turn it On , but, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

C

Chesapeake HT

Junior Audioholic
Mine are set to auto update and they eventually do. I know this because one of mine was unresponsive when I tried to use it. I couldn’t get it to reset. As part of my trouble shooting I noticed that one of my other ones had updated. I hypothesized that the unresponsive unit was auto updating when our power went out.

It was a PIA to resolve it. Took it to the “genius bar” and eventually the right person was able to find the solution to restore it. My advice, pay attention to places like macrumors on when there’s been a new release and do it yourself during a nice sunny afternoon!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis