APPLE TV 4K & Remote issues

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Hello all- initial setup and use of the APPLE 4K and remote went well with volume control and on/off of all devices connected as follows:

LG C9 4K TV
Marantz SR6103 AVR

But recently the volume control has stopped working and the remote doesn't "sleep" or turn off all the devices like it initially did.

I do have Simplink checked under LG settings.

Has anyone else experienced this?> Is there a fix?
It's strange because at first it all worked well - volume, on, off all devices etc, kinda like what my Harmony remote does.

Is there a setting under the AVR I am missing?

Thanks

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Make sure HDMI-CEC is still on in the receiver and TV. Go into the Remotes and Devices settings in the Apple TV and make sure the Apple TV remote is designated to control TV and receiver functions and volume. Sometimes unplugging all of the devices for a bit can fix HDMI handshake issues.

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Yes I always had those settings enabled. Nothing really changed.

I’m assuming the hdmi handshake is the only thing I can think of.

I don’t see that the marantz has any settings for this??

Am I missing it?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Go into your Marantz settings menu. Go to the HDMI Setup section. Make sure HDMI Control is on. When it is on, ARC will automatically be set to on. If HDMI Control is already on, try unplugging it all for a bit and see if it helps.

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Still no dice on ALL off - everything turns off except the LG C9 - it stays on saying no input detected, etc.

Bummer as I do like the simplicity of the Apple remote.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
You said you have Simplink ON. Do you also have Power Sync set to ON?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
It has worked for some. HDMI-CEC freaks out now and then and unplugging everything can help. It has worked for me.

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
No Dice - I will need to use the Harmony to turn off TV after watching - thanks

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Sorry it didn't work out for you. It is very frustrating to have something stop working normally after using it for some time.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Have you tried to unpair and then re-pair the Apple TV remote control? Try to unpair it, charge it, then re-pair it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis