Apple iPhones it in with iPad

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Interesting reading how everyone thought the iPad sucked when it first came out, haha.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
:D 2 here.. Tough remembering what it was like before them :)
Yeah, I was soooooooooo resistant to iOS. :eek:

Now I just got a new iPad4. :D

My hospital uses iPad big time. So if I don't use iPad, I can't access and do some important things work related. I've talked to some IT guys who are Android users. Yet they have no choice but to use iPads when they are at work.

If you can't beat them, join them. :D

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I'm an android guy.. smart phone/tablet etc but at my last real job we used iPads exclusively for presentations, customer interface at industry shows and whatnot.. its amazing how much easier the iPad is to use for the masses. I much prefer the Android OS because it gives me more control, but I was always surprised how easily and quickly our customers learned to get what they wanted out of the iPad interface. They probably all had iPhones.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I am officially a Desktop-PC & Mobile-iOS guy. :D

My workplace is the same.

It's funny how I mirror my career & my personal life. I bet a lot of people also mirror their personal usage with their workplace usage too.

For one thing, it gives us an excuse to buy new toys; in my place is the iPad. :D

The iPad also seems to have better games. In my case, I can't live without the game Metalstorm. I need to find a fellow Raven pilot to fly with on this game so I can get pass Wave 23. :eek: :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, since my $7500 Dennis AVP-A1 pre-pro doesn't have the AirPlay (which I love) that most $400 AVRs have these days, I decided to add the little black $99 Apple TV box to my AVP-A1 via HDMI.

Now I have the AirPlay (which I love) to stream music from my iPads.

The Apple TV also has Netflix playback. It also has Hulu. But unlike my $100 Panasonic BD player, the Apple TV does not have Amazon Prime Video yet. It may have it in the future, but not now.

Anyway, the weird thing with the Apple TV is that the volume level is 6dB less than my other sources on the Denon. So I had to increase the digital source level to +6dB for Apple TV. Now it's perfect. :D

I think SQ is excellent.

Z

zilla

Junior Audioholic
Since Amazon and Apple are in direct competition I'm not sure if that will happen or not.
Yeah, it's iffy for sure. The revenue stream will probably win out though, in the end. Usually does haha. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Since Amazon and Apple are in direct competition I'm not sure if that will happen or not.
Yeah, I'm just being wishful. :D

Or in denial. :D

I've been listening to music from my iPad to AirPlay/Apple TV and streaming Netflix on my Apple TV. Seems pretty good. 5.1 DD & 1080p. Great sound, pretty good HD video.

So I think the quality is there. But the channels (Amazon, Vudu, etc) are just very limited due to all this competition.

I was willing to pay $100 just for the AirPlay upgrade on my Denon AVP-A1.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis