Apparently, someone was listening- Marantz 2 channel AVR

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Marantz NR1510
I am trying (unsuccesfully) to play mp3s using the front usb port. It understand is limited to 32 gb, no adapters. I am using a straight up 16 gb usb stick. I'm tied to a brand new LG OLED TV with Web OS and the Marantz smart menu works. Latest rev HDMI cables. I updated the firmware on the Marantz and the LG. I can navigate the folders and files on the usb, but when I hit play it says "network not connected". I know my network is working, it streams radio stations and tv. Why would the network be needed for a direct connection to the usb port? I'm fairly savvy with this stuff but no way can I make this work. Also, I would hope that a 2019 unit with an earc HDMI port would have better usb implementation. Anybody?
I have an older Denon that usb shares an input with network so I get a message about the network before it will play the usb stick but don't see a connection with this unit. You have the stick formatted per the manual and are music files that the unit recognizes otherwise? You don't get any of the menu selections described on page 54 of the manual? You checked the various troubleshooting ideas on p.193?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis